GdPicture components offer support for image acquisition from scanners, capture cards and digital cameras using TWAIN protocole in 32-bit and 64-bit mode.
With just a few lines of code, you will be able to start a single or a multiple image acquisition process using a TWAIN-compliant device.
GdPicture provide low-level & high-level functions for setting, getting and negotiating all TWAIN 2.2 capabilities from within your applications.
- Image source enumeration and selection.
- Duplex scanning support.
- 100% compatible with any Kofax VRS.
- Handles 32-bit & 64-bit Data Sources.
- Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) control.
- Detect blank pages.
- Number of image transfers negotiation.
- Save & restore scanner configuration from file.
- Image scanning attributes control, such as color-depth, resolution, brightness, contrast, size and more.
- Detect & read barcode symbols, including Code 39/128/93, EAN-8/13, PostNet, PDF417, 2 of 5 Matrix and many others.
- Acquire images to multiple formats, including PDF/A, PDF-OCR, encrypted PDF, Multi-page TIFF, JPEG, JPEG 2000, JBIG2, GIF, PNG and EXR.
- Acquire images to an FTP or HTTP server.
- Fully compatible with CITRIX systems and Windows Terminal Services*
- Plus many more features that your scanner can support!
* If you have problems using CITRIX, please look at the following knowledge base articles:
- TWAIN Redirection Support with Presentation Server 4.0
- Troubleshooting TWAIN with Citrix Presentation Server 4.0
Asynchronous TWAIN Scanning
Generating a searchable PDF from a scanner
Acquiring an image from a TWAIN device and reading barcodes
- You will be able to find a compiled demo application in [Install directory]\samples\Bin\PaperScan.exe
- You will be able to find C# and VB.NET demo applications including source code in [Install directory]\samples\AnyCPU\ (see TWAIN Scanning app.).
- You will find other code snippets within the online reference guide found here http://guides.gdpicture.com
- You can find some discussions about TWAIN in the dedicated section of our community forums located here http://forums.gdpicture.com/twain-acquisition/