Looking for a strong TWAIN SDK? GdPicture components offer superior support for image acquisition from scanners, capture cards and digital cameras using TWAIN protocol in 32-bit and 64-bit mode. Intuitive low-level & high-level API are provided under .NET components and TWAIN ActiveX to let you negotiate all TWAIN 2.3 capabilities from any kind of WinForm, WPF or Web application.
With just a few lines of code, you will be able to start a single or a multiple image acquisition process using any TWAIN-compliant device, edit and save scanned documents to any destination such as a local/network machine, FTP site, web server, database…
Looking for a strong TWAIN SDK?
GdPicture components offer superior support for image acquisition from scanners, capture cards and digital cameras using TWAIN protocol in 32-bit and 64-bit mode.
Intuitive low-level & high-level API are provided under .NET components and TWAIN ActiveX to let you negotiate all TWAIN 2.3 capabilities from any kind of WinForm, WPF or Web application.
Main TWAIN features of the SDK
- Image source enumeration and selection.
- Duplex scanning support.
- 100% compatible with any Kofax VRS.
- Handles 32-bit & 64-bit Data Sources.
- Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) control.
- Detect blank pages.
- Number of image transfers negotiation.
- Save & restore scanner configuration from file.
- Image scanning attributes control, such as color-depth, resolution, brightness, contrast, size and more.
- Detect & read barcode symbols, including Code 39/128/93, EAN-8/13, PostNet, PDF417, 2 of 5 Matrix and many others.
- Acquire images to multiple formats, including PDF/A, PDF-OCR, encrypted PDF, Multi-page TIFF, JPEG, JPEG 2000, JBIG2, GIF, PNG and EXR.
- Acquire images to an FTP or HTTP server.
- Fully compatible with CITRIX systems and Windows Terminal Services*
- Plus many more features that your scanner can support!
* If you have problems using CITRIX, please look at the following knowledge base articles:
- TWAIN Redirection Support with Presentation Server 4.0
- Troubleshooting TWAIN with Citrix Presentation Server 4.0
Examples of usage
- Asynchronous TWAIN Scanning from VB.NET and C# application.
- Generating a searchable PDF from a scanner in .NET.
- Acquiring an image from a TWAIN device and reading barcodes.
- Creating a multipage TIFF file from a document in the scanner using the TWAIN protocol using vb.net or C#.
- Creating multipage searchable PDF (PDF/A 1.4) from the content of the document feeder of a scanner using vb.net or C#.
How to use
- You will be able to find a compiled demo application in [Install directory]\samples\Bin\PaperScan.exe
- You will be able to find C# and VB.NET demo applications including source code in [Install directory]\samples\AnyCPU\ (see TWAIN Scanning app.).
- You will find other code snippets within the online reference guide found here http://guides.gdpicture.com
- You can find some discussions about TWAIN in the dedicated section of our community forums located here http://forums.gdpicture.com/twain-acquisition/