Manual Scan

Feature Requests for GdPicture.NET.
Sephir

Manual Scan

Post by Sephir » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:06 am

Hi Team,

I didnt find something similar by search function and im not sure if GDPicture is already capable of this feature.
We have a customer using a "Bowe Bell+Howell 9000" Scanner with VRS and AIPE.

Now, this is a quite effective Scanner: You can start an "manual" Scan, that means that the feeder is running or/and is waiting for Input. So, you just can "feed" the Scanner with documents without pressing a Button or something else.
Im also not sure if Twain itself is capable of this. This one is managed by ISIS, but the question is: Is there a way to rebuild this behaviour with GDPicture/Twain ?
Find attach the screenshot done by our Consultant at the Customers workplace (Sry, the settings are in German ...This customer is a big German company).

Interesting are only the Options:
- "Papierquelle(source)" : "Zufuhr" (supply)
- "Einzugoptionen" (Feederoptions): "Manual Feed"

If not, are there plans to integrate such kind of feature ?

Kind regards

Matthias R.
KGS Software
Attachments
rsz_bellhowell.jpg
Screenshot of Bell Howell Scanner Properties

Loïc
Site Admin

Re: Manual Scan

Post by Loïc » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:56 pm

Hello Matthias,

Sorry for the delay. Unfortunately there is nothing I can do with a German driver screenshot.
What I can tell is that using GdPicture, TWAIN acquisition process must be started by calling the TwainAcquireToGdPictureImage() method. There is nothing that can bind events from the device to the SDK.

Cheers,

Loïc

Sephir

Re: Manual Scan

Post by Sephir » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:19 pm

Sorry for the delay,

thanks for the answer. I will go the customer and debug the Twain information received by the Scanner (Ngenuity 9090DC -> http://www.kodakalaris.com/en-us/b2b/pr ... ity-9090dc)

The Manual calls the desired function "manual Scan" (Page 19)
http://graphics.kodak.com/docimaging/up ... ide_en.pdf.

Per Twain 2.3 Specification, it seems to be a combination from CAP_AUTOFEED, CAP_EXTENDEDCAPS, CAP_FEEDPAGE. Hard to determinate in which combination this has to be set to achieve described behaviour (see Page 19, Link above).

Anyway,

thanks for the Quick Response !