Suggestions on implementing custom annotations

Discussions about DocuVieware integration in GdPicture.NET.
OdinsRunes

Suggestions on implementing custom annotations

Post by OdinsRunes » Fri May 15, 2015 4:04 am

I am currently working with a HTML5 document viewer that supports custom annotations where we implemented signature stamps, initial stamps, and notary stamps. These use images stored by user and court locations, and give our clients one click access to adding these stamps.

Can you give me some general ideas of how I would use the GdPicture SDK and the DocuVieware control. Even if I can't add the custom stamps to the annotations panel.

Also, how can I initiate an annotation without requiring the use to click the button in the annotation palette. For example, the current took we use allows me to setToolMode which performs the same behavior as a user click.

Thanks for any help you can provide. The DocuVieware control seems to be more responsive than our current tool and i'd like to see if we can get compatible features implemented.

thanks again,
Frank

Romain

Re: Suggestions on implementing custom annotations

Post by Romain » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:15 pm

Hello Franck

Sorry for the delayed reply.

Currently DocuVieware offer a set of Javascript functions to add annotations. You can find all of them here :https://www.gdpicture.com/guides/gdpicture/web ... tions.html
Each function will open a annotation popup with the values defined by the parameters sent to the function. The user just have to click on "OK" and draw the annotation on document.
So with this API, you can build pre-sets annotations values with calling the correct function according to annotation and with your parameters.

For image annotation, you can use GdPicture SDK server side and call it with customs actions, look for PostCustomServerAction and the associated tutorial : https://www.gdpicture.com/guides/gdpicture/web ... tions.html
Basically, you need to retrieve the document identifier, instantiate an AnnotationManager object and add the desired annotation at a given location. The server will sync with the client and the user will see the annotation appears, and will be able to move it.
It will also works the same for all annotations types.

Please let us know if you need further informations.

With best regards,
Romain
GdPicture Team