ASP.Net Core 2.2 Tutorial issue

Discussions about DocuVieware integration in GdPicture.NET.
AaronNasa

ASP.Net Core 2.2 Tutorial issue

Post by AaronNasa » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:03 pm

Visual Studio 2019 Version 16.5.1
GDPicture.NET.14 version is 3.1.0.68

I am following the tutorial for Core .Net 2.2 here. But I am running into an issue with the controller for the API, specifically the LoadFromFileMultipart() method. The IDE gives me this compile time error:

Argument 1: cannot convert from 'Microsoft.AspNetCore.Http.HttpRequest' to 'System.Net.Http.HttpRequestMessage'

I created the project as ASP.NET Core Web Application targeting .NET Framework and Core 2.2 - after creation I change the .NET Framework to "net47".
I added the references in Step 1, Step 2, and Step 3 - I did not need to add additional Razor nuget packages.
The licensing and configuration was pretty straight forward and easily added. The api controller is what is giving me an issue.

I have compared my code to that of the .Net Core Code Sample (aspnetcore-mvc_razor_app), other than the sample code using a preview version of .NET Core 3.0, the code matches but the sample code does not produce the error above.

Could someone please help - I cannot get any farther with my own project.

AaronNasa

Re: ASP.Net Core 2.2 Tutorial issue

Post by AaronNasa » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:22 pm

UPDATE:
After more comparison between the Sample Code, my code and the tutorial it seems that the referenced dll is different. In the Redist folder is specifically marked as .NET Core 3.0.

The tutorial says to make a reference to:
C:\GdPicture.NET 14\Redist\DocuVieware (.NET Framework 4.6)\GdPicture.NET.14.WEB.DocuVieware.dll

And the Sample Code references:
C:\GdPicture.NET 14\Redist\DocuVieware (.NET Core 3.0)\GdPicture.NET.14.WEB.DocuVieware.Core.dll

I will be updating my code to reference the Core dll and see if that makes a difference.

Is the .Net Core 2.2 tutorial correct? Or should it say to reference the Core dll?

AaronNasa

Post by AaronNasa » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:21 pm

Update:

I switched the reference to the Core.dll and that caused more issues and still did not work.

Does anyone have any good ideas on how I can proceed with the tutorial?

Hugo

Post by Hugo » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:35 pm

Hi Aaron,

The link you have provided to the mentioned guide does not lead anywhere.

From what you mention, please make sure you are respecting our operating system requirements: https://www.docuvieware.com/guides/aspn ... ments.html

Feel free to contact us via ticket here for more indepth support: https://orpalis.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Regards