Support for XLSM?

Feature Requests for GdPicture.NET.
FHA

Support for XLSM?

Post by FHA » Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:00 am

Currently I can't convert XLSM-Files (Excel with Macro) to PDF. Is it planned to support this?

I load the files using Streams. Also if I force to use the DocumentFormat XLS it is not loaded:

Code: Select all

if (_filename.ToLowerInvariant().EndsWith(".xlsm"))
            {
                documentFormat = GdPicture14.DocumentFormat.DocumentFormatXLS;
            }
            var status = oGdPictureDoc.LoadFromStream(_filestream, documentFormat);
            if (status != GdPictureStatus.OK)
            {
                throw new Exception("Could not read File!");
            }

The format .dotm is supported, when I load using DocumentFormat.DocumentFormatDOCX.

Hugo

Re: Support for XLSM?

Post by Hugo » Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:12 pm

Hi there,

Thank you for your suggeestion.
This has already been suggested and is already on our todo list. I'll let you know when I have more news regarding the implementation of XLSM format support.

Regarding DOCM format, this should be able to be renderred (as I suppose you are referring to DOCM and not "DOTM").

Regards,
Hugo Cudd
Technical Support

FHA

Post by FHA » Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:01 pm

Actually I refered to ".dotm", which is also existing (word template with macros). But this document type works.

Hugo

Post by Hugo » Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:48 pm

Hi,

Oh, thank you for letting me know you are indeed referring to .dotm format.
Note that we do not clearly state of supporting the dotm format yet so this may still be a bit inreliable. However in some cases like the one you have tested, this will be read.
As I previously mentioned I'll let you know when I have more info regarding XLSM implementation.

Regards,
Hugo Cudd
Technical Support

FHA

Post by FHA » Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:58 am

Thanks!

JacobRusso

Post by JacobRusso » Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:14 pm

Hello, I was wondering if support for XLSM file format will be coming anytime soon? I have an application CombingToPDF as shown below, where "inputFiles" is a "List" of the files to be combined.

GdpStatus = gdpictureDocumentConverter.CombineToPDF(inputFiles, strTempWorkFile, PdfConformance.PDF_A_3u);

It works amazingly well, except when it encounters an error, such as with combining a list of files. Is there any option, like an Event Handler that would allow deciding what to do with the file that failed, instead of failing the entire combine? Or to detect if the file is an "unsupported" file type before sending the list to be combined?

Thank,
Jacob

Hugo

Post by Hugo » Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:37 pm

Hi Jacob,

Regarding XLSM this is still on our to-do list. It remains to be tackled by our devs when they can get around to doing this. I currently have no further news to share on this feature implementation.

Concerning file types we support you can find a full list here:
https://www.gdpicture.com/formats-sdk/s ... d-formats/

I would suggesting sorting your list to contain only file types we support.
If you need help determining the file format of each of the files contained in your list then you can use the following method:
https://www.gdpicture.com/guides/gdpict ... ring).html
In most cases you should be able to simply use the filename extension.

Let me know if this solves your issue.

Regards,
Hugo Cudd
Technical Support

JacobRusso

Post by JacobRusso » Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:40 pm

Hi Hugo,

Thank you for your prompt reply. I am working on something like this. What would the GetDocumentFormat(String) Method return if it is not a supported file type?

Thanks,
Jacob

Hugo

Post by Hugo » Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:56 pm

Jacob,

The GetDocumentFormat(String) method would return DocumentFormatUNKNOWN if the format is not supported.
This would allow you to solve your issue without experiencing any exceptions during the execution of your application.

If you need any further info do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
Hugo Cudd
Technical Support
Attachments
Screenshot_852.png
Screenshot_852.png (3.85 KiB) Viewed 17592 times

JacobRusso

Post by JacobRusso » Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:52 pm

Excellent! Thank you Hugo!!!

Hugo

Post by Hugo » Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:29 pm

Hello,

I am updating this thread to let you know we have implemented support for DOCM, XLSM and PPTM formats in our latest release.
This is now available as of a few minutes ago here:
https://www.gdpicture.com/download-gdpicture/

If you experience any issues regarding any of these formats such as errors or renderring issues please contact us and our developers will look into fixing them.

Regards,
Hugo Cudd
Technical Support

JacobRusso

Post by JacobRusso » Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:17 pm

Hi Hugo,

I just tested this and the XLSM does load. The file I am testing with contains three (3) tabs/worksheets. GdPicture converted them into three separate pages. I will email you this file so the developers can check on two things.

1. It would be nice to have a "Label" that showed the name of each tab/worksheet the page was related to.

2. The first two tabs/worksheets contain images at the top left. The image for the first tab (Requerimientos BD) was rendered fairly decently, but maybe just a bit too over-compressed. But the image for the second tab was not converted. Instead, it seemed that the image for the first tab/worksheet was squished into the size that the second tab/worksheet was.

Thank you all so very much for your quick response on this! You guys are awesome!!!

Best regards,
Jacob

Hugo

Post by Hugo » Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:07 pm

Jacob,

As you have submitted a ticket containing this information, we will discuss this there.

Thanks nonetheless!

Regards,
Hugo Cudd
Technical Support

JacobRusso

Post by JacobRusso » Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:58 pm

Thank you Hugo. I received your reply on the new ticket. It is always a pleasure working with you guys!

Emilktr

Post by Emilktr » Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:31 am

Hugo wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:37 pm
Hi Jacob,

Regarding XLSM this is still on our to-do list. It remains to be tackled by our devs when they can get around to doing this. I currently have no further news to share on this feature implementation.

Concerning file types we support you can find a full list here:
https://www.gdpicture.com/formats-sdk/s ... d-formats/ fnf

I would suggesting sorting your list to contain only file types we support.
If you need help determining the file format of each of the files contained in your list then you can use the following method:
https://www.gdpicture.com/guides/gdpict ... ring).html
In most cases you should be able to simply use the filename extension.

Let me know if this solves your issue.

Regards,
Hugo Cudd
Technical Support
I'm using Advanced Excel and an xlsm file, and everything functions as it should. I can write cells without making mistakes, but Excel complains about the format when I use Workbook GetBinaryData to download the file from the UI. If I change the file's name, Excel opens in xlsx format with all the info within.