System.Net.Http.Formatting version 5.2.7 needed at runtime.

Discussions about DocuVieware integration in GdPicture.NET.
lchorley

System.Net.Http.Formatting version 5.2.7 needed at runtime.

Post by lchorley » Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:52 pm

Hello team DocuVieware,

I'm trying to update to the newest version of DocuVieware 3.2.21 in an ASP.Net (.NET6) razor project using the new Nuget package (DocuVieware.API) but when I start it, it complains that it cannot find System.Net.Http.Formatting in version 5.2.7.
I've tried including that dll manually and it continues past that point, but the viewer doesn't load.
Have you got any ideas?

Thanking you in advance
Loren

lchorley

Re: System.Net.Http.Formatting version 5.2.7 needed at runtime.

Post by lchorley » Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:09 pm

Hello

I was wondering if this issue has been taken on or if there's been any progress made ?

Thank you
Loren

lchorley

Post by lchorley » Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:23 pm

Hello team DocuVieware,

I have just tried the latest version (3.2.23) of your nuget package DocuVieware.API and I still have the same problem.

Is this an issue that is being looked at?
Can I help you by giving you details?

Any response would be appreciated

Thank you
Loren

Fabio

Post by Fabio » Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:47 pm

Hello Loren,

I just tried the API Razor sample on our latest release and everything worked well.
Could you please try to delete the sample folder and uninstall/reinstall GdPicture on your machine?

By deleting the sample, the re-installation will re-generate a brand new sample. So we will be sure the issue is not caused by a modification or something else.

If the issue still occurs, please let me know.
In that situation, doing a call could be the quickest way to understand what is happening.

Best regards,
Fabio

lchorley

Post by lchorley » Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:55 pm

Hi Fabio,

I'll give that a go tomorrow and let you know

Thank you for the reply
Loren

lchorley

Post by lchorley » Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:32 am

Hello Fabio,

I've just reinstalled the SDK downloaded last night for GdPicture making sure to completely wipe the installation directory.
I checked that the sample project works, it does.

The steps I took to do the update :
* Starting from a working state, the previous release state of my solution
* I removed the dlls for the previous version of GdPicture and DocuVieware (GdPicture.NET.14.filters.64.dll, GdPicture.NET.14.image.gdimgplug.64.dll, GdPicture.NET.14.Imaging.Rendering.Skia.64.dll and GdPicture.NET.14.WEB.DocuVieware.Core.dll)
* I added the nuget package DocuVieware.API

After doing only that I have exactly the same error when trying to access the url, and it's raised before any code from my project.
So for me there's a difference in how packages are managed between the two versions that provokes this problem.
The call stack indicates GdPicture code as well, so I doubt that I have the possibility to correct the problem cleanly.

Message "Could not load file or assembly 'System.Net.Http.Formatting, Version=5.2.7.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'. Le fichier spécifié est introuvable."
Source "GdPicture.NET.14.API"
StackTrace " at GdPicture.Internal.Net.NetTransfer.HTTPDownloadProc(Boolean async, Uri uri, ICredentials credentials, Stream content, NameValueCollection customHeaders, TokenImpersonationLevel impersonationLevel, Boolean abortHtmlContentTransfer, ProcessMonitor monitor)\r\n at GdPicture.Internal.Net.NetTransfer.<>c__DisplayClass63_0.<HTTPDownload>b__0()\r\n at System.Threading.Thread.StartHelper.Callback(Object state)\r\n at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location ---\r\n at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)\r\n at System.Threading.Thread.StartCallback()"

Do you have any ideas ?
Thanking you for your time,
Loren

Fabio

Post by Fabio » Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:41 pm

Hi Loren,

Ok, so what you can try is to update all packages of your project:
1. Go to the packages folder in your project and delete it.
2. Open Visual Studio and Go to Tools > Library Package Manager > Package Manager Settings and under the Package Manager item on the left-hand side there is a "Clear Package Cache" button. Click this button and make sure that the check box for "Allow NuGet to download missing packages during build" is checked.
3. Clean the solution
4. Build the solution (and take care the NuGet packages are restored)
5. Restart Visual Studio
6. Launch the solution

That should clean up all the missing packages since System.Net.Http.Formatting is a dependency of our SDK, I think your issue is due to a wrong version target, a missing package, or something similar.

If after that you still got an issue, please schedule a meeting on my calendar at this link (We can talk French in the meeting if you prefer since I see a French error message in your call stack) -> https://calendly.com/fabio-derose/30min

Best regards,
Fabio

lchorley

Post by lchorley » Fri Apr 14, 2023 2:09 pm

Hi Fabio,

I made an appointment for the end of next week.
We're going to try everything we have in the meantime, but if we don't get anywhere it would be great to have your input.

Thank you again (Et oui on peut parler français il n'y a pas de souci. Bien vu !)
Loren

lchorley

Post by lchorley » Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:37 am

For anyone wondering about the solution that we found :

Installing the Nuget package Microsoft.AspNet.WebApi.Client with the version 5.2.7 solved the problem.

We're not entirely sure why though.
This package either provides something that avoids the need for System.Net.Http.Formatting.dll, or it includes this dll as a secondary reference. Or something else, we're not sure, but this solution is sufficient for us.

Thank you again Fabio.
Loren