Different scans when using Win7 instead of XP

Discussions about TWAIN & WIA scanning in GdPicture.NET using GdPictureImaging.
prosigma

Different scans when using Win7 instead of XP

Post by prosigma » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:09 pm

Hi,

i've created an application, which uses the GdPictureTWAINAcquisition features to scan a document. This document is - independent to the number of pages - saved as MultiPageTIFF. After that operation the TIFF-File is viewed in an other application (which doesn't use GdPicture or its viewer).
This works fine on WindowsXP, but now when the application is used on a computer with OS Windows7, the TIFF has some different attributes in it and can't be viewed in this other applications viewer.

I've used the same application with the same scanner and the same TWAIN-Driver for both computers.
I used Photoshop to see differences in this files, and already when opening the Win7 TIFF, the whole document has black lines and you can't see much of the original document.

There are 2 screenshots attached, which show the different attributes of the files. (From Photoshop)

Thanks

EDIT: When i try loading the TIFFs into GdPicture-Viewer they both are the same and look OK.
Attachments
ScanXP.jpg
ScanWIN7.jpg

Loïc
Site Admin

Re: Different scans when using Win7 instead of XP

Post by Loïc » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:13 am

Hi,

We have been unable to reproduce this problem.

Please try to update to our latest version. If the problem persists you should write us a tiny application reproducing the problem and send it via https://www.gdpicture.com/support/getting-support-from-our-team Please attach your resulting image too.

Kind regards,

Loïc