Licencing Query

Questions about GdPicture.NET license agreement.
steves

Licencing Query

Post by steves » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:11 pm

Hi,

Just a quick question about licencing.
We have a 1 developer licence registerd to our our company which i use for developing software using the gdpicture component.
In my absence eg holiday , would another single programmer be able to continue to develop the software using our single developer licence(only one developer will be using the single developer licence).
Is this ok to do as the licencing for a single developer licence doesnt seem to be that clear.

Thanks
steve

Loïc
Site Admin

Re: Licencing Query

Post by Loïc » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:02 am

Hi Steve,

The EULA states that 1 developer license entitle asingle developer in a single organization to develop software accessing a GdPicture ActiveX.

Therefore your company should normally acquires one more license for the other developer. However, if this second developer doesn't write or maintain parts of application's code using GdPicture features you can consider this part of the EULA unavailable ;)

With best regards,

Loïc

steves

Post by steves » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:54 pm

Thanks Loïc i understand what you are saying :).
Also what would happen to the licence if the developer leaves the company.Is it transferrable to another developer so they can continue developing the software?.

Cheers
steve

Loïc
Site Admin

Post by Loïc » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:22 pm

Hi,
Also what would happen to the license if the developer leaves the company
I want our licensing mode as fair as possible: you can transfer the license to an other developer of the company.

Cheers,

Loïc

steves

Post by steves » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:00 pm

Thanks for clearing this up Loïc :D

Cheers
Steve

hasseb432

Post by hasseb432 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:09 pm

Therefore your company should normally acquires one more license for the other developer. However, if this second developer doesn't write or maintain parts of application's code using GdPicture features you can consider this part of the EULA unavailable ;)