PrintAlignmentMiddleCenter prints right at the left

Discussions about document printing in GdPicture.NET using GdPictureImaging.
phillip

PrintAlignmentMiddleCenter prints right at the left

Post by phillip » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:03 pm

Hello,

I have an issue that I cannot resolve is this a bug with the GdViewer or am I doing something wrong?

I set the print alignment to PrintAlignmentMiddleCenter but when it prints the print is right at the left... vertically it is in the center but horizontally it is at the absolute left of the page.

I'm also having an issue with the PrintFit() which seems to be sizing the print to portrait regardless of whether it is landscape or portrait (so if I print to landscape the print does come out the printer landscape but the page printed is sized to fit portrait so is narrower than the landscape page and taller).

Are these bugs or am I doing something incorrectly?

Thanks,

Phil

gdViewer1.DisplayFromFile(path);
gdViewer1.PrintSetAlignment(PrintAlignment.PrintAlignmentMiddleCenter);
gdViewer1.PrintSetFromToPage(1, gdViewer1.PageCount);
gdViewer1.PrintSetActivePrinter(printerSettings.PrinterName);
gdViewer1.PrintSetDocumentName(batchPrintAttachmentInfo.Name);
gdViewer1.PrintSetCopies(printerSettings.Copies);
gdViewer1.PrintSetColorMode(printerSettings.DefaultPageSettings.Color ? PrinterColorMode.PrinterColorModeColor : PrinterColorMode.PrinterColorModeGray);
gdViewer1.PrintSetOrientation(printerSettings.DefaultPageSettings.Landscape ? PrinterOrientation.PrinterOrientationLandscape : PrinterOrientation.PrinterOrientationPortrait);
gdViewer1.PrintSetDuplexMode(printerSettings.Duplex);
gdViewer1.PrintSetStdPaperSize(printerSettings.DefaultPageSettings.PaperSize.RawKind);
gdViewer1.PrintSetPaperBin(printerSettings.DefaultPageSettings.PaperSource.RawKind);
gdViewer1.PrintFit();

Loïc
Site Admin

Re: PrintAlignmentMiddleCenter prints right at the left

Post by Loïc » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:26 pm

Hi Phil,

You found a bug. I fixed it and next release will include correction. It should be published next week, however if it is an urgent issue for you just send us a mail to esupport (at) gdpicture (dot) com the get a beta release.

With best regards,

Loïc

phillip

Re: PrintAlignmentMiddleCenter prints right at the left

Post by phillip » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:32 pm

Thanks for such a prompt response.

It is really important for us as we are beta testing ourselves for a release coming up.

I think it best to wait for your proper release though before we update the component here as we would need to test our software again once your component is released.

Thanks,

Phillip