Extra Licensing for BarCode reading!!!!

Let know to others if you liked or not GdPicture Imaging SDK Softwares.
jmoring

Extra Licensing for BarCode reading!!!!

Post by jmoring » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:49 am

I must say I was very disappointed to see that you are charging an extra licensing fee for the barcode reading. This is the very reason I stopped using Atalasoft and switched to GdPicture. I was tired of being nickeled and dimed for every feature. And 50% more just for this feature!!!!!!!

Loïc
Site Admin

Re: Extra Licensing for BarCode reading!!!!

Post by Loïc » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:38 pm

Hi,

I understand you can be disappointed but you should keep in mind:

- GdPicture products are edited by a French company: ORPALIS.
- This company have talented employees who must be paid.
- Building a stable barcode reader such as our one required more than 2 year of research & development of 1 specialized engineer.
- The price of the plugin you are talking about is less than 1 day of a 5 year experiences engineer in Europe.
- The plugin is royalty free, you can redistribute it on any server ans on any application for free.
- GdPicture.NET is also fully royalty free, full featured (see our matrix) and updates are free and frequent (see our update history).
- Our activity is 100% research & development to improve performance & features of our software every day.

Basically, our company has charges and we need to sell our services to cover them.

Kind regards,

Loïc

jmoring

Post by jmoring » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:55 am

Thanks for your reply Loic

Do not misinterpret my comments. I think your product is excellent and very fairly priced. I purchased it within minutes of checking out that it met my needs. My concern is the trend it begins. Will every new feature now come with a separate additional price? I do not mind paying for new features. I need to eat and I enjoy living indoors as well!!! Why not have a subscription option that gets you everything for an annually renewed fee? Call me crazy but I would rather paid $1300 once then $800 and $500.

Thanks
Jim

Loïc
Site Admin

Post by Loïc » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:51 am

Hi Jim,

Thank you for the feedback.

No, we don't want to come all new features with extra cost or extra licensing. For the barcode reader it was a necessity because we spent of lot of money to get it, and we will spend a lot of money to maintain it.

Today, we have only 2 optional plugins OCR & barcode reader. And always on a 100% royalty free basis. As you can see, we just introduced 2 new major features for free in GdPicture.NET: around 30 RAW format support, & around 30 barcode writing support. All for free for existing customers. Have a look on our releases history, you can see that a lot of new features are added frequently, for free. viewforum.php?f=11

And welcome here, feel free to post any technical issue or feature request (more than 80% of our customer feature requests are considered - for free, within a month).

Kind regards,

Loïc

Harry

Post by Harry » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:30 pm

Hi,

I needed this feature urgently, so I had to purchase these from another manufacturer. Anyone who has set a longer deal with barcode recognition, knows a good detection appreciated and is willing to pay for it. I think the price is reasonable.

@Loïc: You can send me the promised 50 € to my bank account. :lol:

Loïc
Site Admin

Post by Loïc » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:04 pm

For Harry & other GdPicture customers:

If you have a license of a GdPicture Toolkit (ActiveX or .NET) + a license of a barcode reader from another manufacturer: We offer for free a license of our Barcode Recognition Plugin in exchange of a proof of payment :wink:

Harry

Post by Harry » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:03 pm

Hi Loïc,

please give me the eMail adress to send you the proof of payment from the other manufacturer.

I'm not sure whether it was a joke, or not?!?

Best regards,
Harry

Loïc
Site Admin

Post by Loïc » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:07 pm

It's not a Joke !

We are working on an announcement on a new blog we will publish soon...

The email is esales(at)gdpicture(dot)com

We need GdPicture serial + proof of competitor barcode reader.

Cheers,

Loïc

Loïc
Site Admin

Post by Loïc » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:38 pm

Harry

Post by Harry » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:52 am

Hi Loïc,

I had send an eMail with all informations a week ago, but I got no free license?!?

Best regards
Harry

Loïc
Site Admin

Post by Loïc » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:57 am

We sent you the license key.

I suppose you have the mail into your spam box. Else, try to contact us with a different email address.

Kind regards,

Loïc

lagwadam

Post by lagwadam » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:35 am

Hello,

Does a purchase of the GdPicture.NET Document Imaging SDK Ultimate license include licenses for the Bar Code plugins as well as the OCR plug in? The feature-comparison-matrix leads me to believe so.

I am only asking because the link in the header of the matrix for the ultimate package lists the OCR feature with this text, "Perform OCR on a full page, or on an area of a page, using the optional GdPicture Tesseract Plugin."

In short, does the ultimate package include the plugins with no extra cost?

Thanks,
Adam

Loïc
Site Admin

Post by Loïc » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:23 am

Hi Adam,

Yes the Ultimate edition includes all Plugins.

Kind regards,

Loïc