Problem with license in WinFoms app

Questions about GdPicture.NET license agreement.
Vladimir

Problem with license in WinFoms app

Post by Vladimir » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:11 pm

Hello!

I'm using ActiveX version of GdPicture Pro SDK 5 in .NET application as it's twice faster then .NET version. There are image and viewer components on the form.
SetLicense( ... ) is called for both. Just after this GetLicenseMode() returns 3. But sometime after (in several ms) it becomes 0. Demo label is displayed in viewer and imaging displays "object is not unlocked".
Could someone advise what can be wrong?

With regards, Vladimir.

Loïc
Site Admin

Re: Problem with license in WinFoms app

Post by Loïc » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:19 pm

Hi Vladimir,
I'm using ActiveX version of GdPicture Pro SDK 5 in .NET application as it's twice faster then .NET version.
Hum I have serious doubt about that. :shock: It's just impossible.

For you license unlock issue all you have to do is to call the SetLicenseNumber method before using the control. There is nothing else to do.

if you want more help, try to reproduce yourt issue in a standalone app and forward it to https://www.gdpicture.com/support/getting-support-from-our-team for investigation.

Kind regards,

Loïc

Vladimir

Post by Vladimir » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:03 pm

Thank you, Loïc

It was my guess what I'll be asked to do :)

I'm a bit surprised by your reply about speed. We really obsered 2-3 times gain in opening and saving TIFF files - that's our primary target. Are you going to support ActiveX in future? In what area .NET component is faster than ActiveX?

Regards, Vladimir.

Loïc
Site Admin

Post by Loïc » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:43 pm

Hi Vladimir,
We really obsered 2-3 times gain in opening and saving TIFF files - that's our primary target
I just cross-checked with a 10.000 tiff database test. Same performance. Also, the tiff codec is the same in GdPicture.NET & GdPciture ActiveX.
Are you going to support ActiveX in future?
We continue to bug fix all current GdPicture ActiveX.
However ActiveX controls are less & less used in the market. Se we target our main efforts on the .NET technology for r&d.
In what area .NET component is faster than ActiveX?
In rendering, in internal algorithm (the new core is c++ based with LOT of speed & memory optimizations), in filters. Also GdPicture.NET support lot of new technologies: JBIG2, full PDF support (new features will come very soon), annotation (to be released in a couple of months), WIA scanning, multi-threading, puch hole revoval, adaptive threshold etc...

Kind regards,

Loïc

Vladimir

Post by Vladimir » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:32 pm

Hello Loïc,

May i send to you our test files and performance report where we got big difference?

Regards, Vladimir

Loïc
Site Admin

Post by Loïc » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:36 pm

Yes sure !
Just upload to https://www.gdpicture.com/support/getting-support-from-our-team

Or to my mail: l.carrere (at) gdpicture (dot) com.

Kind regards,

Loïc