Print dimension too large

Discussions about document printing in GdPicture.NET using GdPictureImaging.
EmanueleC

Print dimension too large

Post by EmanueleC » Fri May 20, 2011 11:38 am

Hi,
I need to print one or more pdf of technical drawings created by autocad. The customer saves them as pdf . I load them with GdPictureImaging , render as image, add some text and print it. The print is in A3 and i need to mantain ratio, because they are scale drawings for technical reason. we set dpi = 300 to maintain a good printing quality. Everything is right but print weight is around 48Mb from a 200-300kb pdf, and for it uses about 3 minutes to print a drawing (the printer not the print process). I can't find a way to reduce the weight of image without resizing or changing dpi in loadfromfile method ( the customer usually prints them at 600 dpi). Could you help? Maybe im wrong with something in printing theory or image processing.

Loïc
Site Admin

Re: Print dimension too large

Post by Loïc » Fri May 20, 2011 4:33 pm

Hi,

Hi you need to add text, you have no other choice than converting PDF page to Bitmap. So I can't provide you better solution.

In GdPicture.NET 8, you will be able to add a vector text layer on a PDF and print the PDF. This should be the best option for your case. If you want to reach the beta program please follow this link: viewtopic.php?t=3087

Kind regards,

Loïc

EmanueleC

Post by EmanueleC » Fri May 20, 2011 6:10 pm

Thanks for fast reply, i appreciate alway this.
We found that the issue was in the printer, i saved one of the drawing as a jpeg and it was a 700k size, when i try to print i see in printer window it arrives to 48 mega, but my printer prints it fast, the one of my customer takes about 3 minutes to print that. The customer said me that if he uses another printer prints are fast as they have to be. Now he is trying more drivers to see if one could solve.
At this point i think i could suggest to the customer if he wants to try the beta version but i dunno if there any issue with license to do that.

EmanueleC

Post by EmanueleC » Tue May 24, 2011 9:08 am

I apply for V8 beta, i change the software to print pdf directly using pdfviewer and the customer said it is fast naturally, but i can't add text to pdf, so waiting for v8.