OMR Scan tilted

Discussions about machine vision support in GdPicture.
phanuwats

OMR Scan tilted

Post by phanuwats » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:36 pm

Hi,
Now i create omr sample project for check answer sheet (C#). I have some problem below.

1) Answer sheet have 120 question, 4 choice per question. How i create CreateAnchorTemplate for this case. I must create anchor template 120 X 4 or not?
2) If i scan tilted or roltate, Can i resolve it.

Please explain how to resolve it. Can you provide sample code for this case.

Thank you.

SamiKharma

Re: OMR Scan tilted

Post by SamiKharma » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:23 am

Hi,

1. No you do not, you only create an Anchor on the image you set the OMR rectangles on, and then you use FindAnchor on the other images that are scanned.
2. The FindAnchor can still work with some tilting or little rotation, yet it only offers parameters for translation. To fix the rotation you can probably use AutoDeskew on all the forms, but this will slow the process, and is not encouraged in any OMR mechanism from any vendor including automated scanners. Having a proper scan is important, and rotation should not occur in OMR forms.

For the Anchoring code you can easily find it in our Anchor demo in the demos folder in the GdPicture directory on your computer.

Best Regards,
Sami

phanuwats

Post by phanuwats » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:30 pm

Thank you for you answer, I will try again.

mathygreen

Post by mathygreen » Mon May 31, 2021 10:20 pm

We have checked the images against the template and have noticed that the markers in the image are not positioned correctly, due to which the returned data is incomplete and possibly invalid. As discussed earlier, Aspose.OCR/OMR does not provide any means to adjust the image accordingly therefore we have logged a request in our database to look further into this matter.