Merging jpegs into multitiff results in twice the file size

Discussions about image processing and document imaging.
Mithon

Merging jpegs into multitiff results in twice the file size

Post by Mithon » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:23 pm

I'm using GdPicture.NET 8.3.0.3, and having some strange issue with merging some files.

The input files are 8-bit greyscale jpegs. When I merge these using

Code: Select all

oGdPictureImaging.TiffMergeFileList(fileList, outputFile, TiffCompression.TiffCompressionAUTO

The same happens if I change to TiffCompressionLZW or TiffCompressionJPEG or if I use a different merging-procedure than TiffMergeFileList, like a sequence of TiffCreateMultiPageFromFile->TiffAppendPageFromFile->TiffSaveAsMultiPageFile->ReleaseGdPictureImage

On my development machine (Windows 7 64-bit) the filesize is reduced slightly (as corresponds to the reduction of header-information I assume). In the production environment (Windows 2008 Standard SP2 64-bit) the generated file is approximately twice the size of the original files however. Which is a problem since I'm doing this for tens of thousands of files.

So my questions are:
1) Why does this happen?
2) How do I deal with it so that the resulting file in the production environment results in the same filesize as on my development environment?

Gabriela

Re: Merging jpegs into multitiff results in twice the file size

Post by Gabriela » Mon May 06, 2019 10:50 am

Hello,

Are you still interested in this feature or are you still experience such issues with GdPicture14? The toolkit now contains many improved and optimized new features. If you can replicate your issues with the current release (https://www.gdpicture.com/download-gdpicture/), you can send us a code snippet, related documents and exact steps to reproduce, so we can assist you further.
Thank you.