Image overlay and seal addition

Discussions about image processing and document imaging.
bpabmeyer

Image overlay and seal addition

Post by bpabmeyer » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:00 pm

I am trying to figure out if GDPicture v8.3 will handle what I am trying to accomplish and what steps I need to go through to solve it, if possible. I need to take a PDF file (I do have access to the GDViewer image) and merge it with a Word document that has a seal (similar to a seal of approval) with a date that changes to current date. Basically the document being scanned in is full letter size. I would need to shrink it to merge with the Word document since the seal takes up about 2 inches of space on the page. All this would need to be done so I could print off 'x' amount of copies for someone.

A couple of "highlights" for explanation on my questions...

1. The reason a Word document is involved is because when it is opened it automatically updates the date in the seal. Here is the section with the date: Certified & sealed on September 18, 2012.
2. The seal is not a raised seal. The seal or the PDF/GDViewer could be an image that is overlayed, if possible. I just have a question in regards to creating current date inside the "image". I have tried something similar but could not get the image released from being held by the process.

I understand that there are quite a few things going on here but I am having trouble getting my hands around the solution. Thanks for your help.

Gabriela

Re: Image overlay and seal addition

Post by Gabriela » Fri May 17, 2019 2:35 pm

Hello,

Probably too late :), but if you're still using our current product GdPicture.NET ver 14 you can provide us with the example/application of what you are trying to achieve so we can assist you further. Let us know if we can still help you in any way.