Google Cloud Print.

Discussions about document printing in GdPicture.NET using GdPictureImaging.
eCandidus

Google Cloud Print.

Post by eCandidus » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:08 am

I am using the code similar to this (the smallest that I could make it for you) to print to the Google Print Cloud, specifically to the FedEx service:

GdPicture9.GdPictureImaging cImg = new GdPicture9.GdPictureImaging();
cImg.LoadFromFile("sample.pdf", false);
cImg.PrintSetDocumentName("sample.pdf");
cImg.PrintSetActivePrinter("Google Cloud Printer");
cImg.PrintSetFromToPage(1, cImg.GetPageCount());
cImg.Print();

I am using the Google Cloud Printer for Windows (http://www.google.com/intl/en/cloudprin ... /apps.html) to get the "Google Cloud Printer".

My issue is that it seems that what generates at the other side has an .XPS extension. Any ideas?

I know that there are multiple moving parts here and duplication is not easy, I am trying to figure out who is generating the XPS extension. My guess is that it is in FedEx side, but if you think talking to MS is difficult, these folks are a bit more.

PS: The same, except going to "Save to GoogleDrive" rather than FedEx does generate a PDF file. This is the reason why I think it is FedEx.

PS2: Again, all I am trying to do in this message is eliminate you folks from the sequence.

Thanks....

Cedric

Re: Google Cloud Print.

Post by Cedric » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:45 pm

Hello,

What I can say is that GdPicture.NET 9 does not support XPS format, so it cannot be GdPicture.NET that is generating it.
After a bit of research it seems that Google Cloud Printer is based on the XPS format but I'm afraid there's not much for us to say about this, sorry.

Cheers!