Deploy my app on multiple machines - licence activation

Questions about GdPicture.NET license agreement.
michalm

Deploy my app on multiple machines - licence activation

Post by michalm » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:37 am

Hi,

I have requested 30-day trial key and registered it on my development machine. Now I can run my app and it works. However, if I deploy my application to another machine, I'm forced to register the same key again, with your LicenceManager. Without it, your library refuses to run and displays error message saying about not activated licence.

From my point of view, it's not acceptable. How to embed licence into my application? I don't want to force end user to run LicenceManager and activate key. Instead, licence should be already activated and my application should be able to use scanner without any restrictions.

Any advice? I need to either embed licence into my application or into installer. Forcing end user to run LicenceManager and enter registration data there is unacceptable. What should I do?

Of course, licence activation in my code is done as you described in you documentation. However, I still need to run LicenceManager and register key on it to make GDPicture working. How to avoid it?

Loïc
Site Admin

Re: Deploy my app on multiple machines - licence activation

Post by Loïc » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:30 pm

Hello,

Of course you don't have to register the SDK on your customer through the licensemanager application.

What you have to do is to embed your license key within your application as described here: https://www.gdpicture.com/support/support-faq/ (check "How to unlock GdPicture.NET component in my application?")

Please let us know if you need further information.

With best regards,

Loïc