Hyperlinks in DocuVieware

Discussions about DocuVieware integration in GdPicture.NET.
pete

Hyperlinks in DocuVieware

Post by pete » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:11 pm

Hi,

is there possibility to enable user to click on hyperlinks in the document? I do not want to allow user to select the text, but to be able to click on the link so he will be redirected to it. (for e.g.: last page here: http://www.docuvieware-demo.com/annotations_demo.aspx )

Thank you.

Loïc
Site Admin

Re: Hyperlinks in DocuVieware

Post by Loïc » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:03 am

Hello Peter,

I am not sure to understand the question.
Hyperlinks are supported in DocuVieware. Just check the annotation demo page, go to page 2 for example and click on a link. You will be automatically redirected to the corresponding target.

Please let me know if I am missing something obvious.

Cheers,

Loïc

pete

Post by pete » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:03 pm

Hello Loic,

thank you, but I meant the page 107 in the annotation demo. On the last page, there are two URLs that redirect you to other website. In PDF viewer when I download "Little Prince" PDF to desktop in OSX, I can click on those URLs on page 107 and I am redirected. In annotation demo in DocuVieware, i cannot click on them. I have to manually select them, and copy paste them. Also I was wondering, if clickable URLs can be still enabled even when text selection is disabled.

I hope I explained it better.

Thank you.

Peter

igor

Post by igor » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:51 pm

Hello,

I would also like to get more information about support for external hyperlinks. Internal links (which navigate to different place in same document) work very well. However, when I have an external link (which targets to another website) it is rendered as a clickable text, but after hitting on it, nothing happens. Current page is only refreshed and "Page 0 of X" pop-up displayed (this is probably an unwanted behavior). I would like to know whether is it an appropriate behavior (deliberately blocked opening external URLs because of security purposes etc.) or some kind of issue in your viewing component? It is not a critcal case for us, but we need to know how explain it when our customers will ask.

Cedric

Post by Cedric » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:49 pm

Hello Igor,

Could you please provide us with a sample document that causes this behavior so we can investigate this further?

igor

Post by igor » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:26 pm

Sure, bellow are attached files. One is a MS Word document, second is PDF created based on the previous one. Internal links work fine, external don't.
Attachments
Hyperlinks test.zip
(459 KiB) Downloaded 295 times

Cedric

Post by Cedric » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:52 pm

There is indeed an unwanted behavior in addition to a not yet supported feature.
I have created a support ticket for this issue so we can track it properly with the development team.

bsatorius

Post by bsatorius » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:52 am

Hi Cedric - do you know if the hyperlinks ticket has been resolved in the most recent GdPicture.NET build? I looked at the build notes on the release topic but just saw a high level summary: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=5184&start=45

Thanks,
Brian

Cedric

Post by Cedric » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:26 am

Hello,

No, it is still in the hands of the development team at the moment.
A proper communication is expected when this will be implemented.

bsatorius

Post by bsatorius » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:33 pm

Ok, thanks.