annotation as a picture

Discussions about DocuVieware integration in GdPicture.NET.
pete

annotation as a picture

Post by pete » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:07 am

Is it possible to set picture as an annotation? I would like to add for ex. a speech bubble svg icon as an annotation. I noticed it in the properties of annotation object + saw picture as an annotation in the "annotation demo".

Loïc
Site Admin

Re: annotation as a picture

Post by Loïc » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:21 pm

Hi,

This is possible from the server side only. From the client side the user will be able to edit its properties.

Cheers,

Loïc

pete

Post by pete » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:37 pm

Loic, could you please give me a pointer how I can do it (which methods to use? :) )? I already have a picture in the project but I am not sure how can I create a brand new annotation and add it as a picture.

Thank you.

pete

Post by pete » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:06 pm

Hi Loic,

I managed to create an image annotation by using annotationManager.AddEmbeddedImageAnnot(Bitmap,Single,Single,Single,Single)...i have no idea how i missed that. I was wondering though, what is the best way to get top and left coordinates where user clicked so I can draw the annotation there? What I do now is that with a click on a canvas, I create a sticky annotation with a unique text inside it that serves as ID. then I iterate through annotations on that page, find that sticky note, I take its TOP and LEFT value, delete it and insert an image annotation. Is there a better way?