gallery demo question

Discussions about DocuVieware integration in GdPicture.NET.
cramer

gallery demo question

Post by cramer » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:45 pm

Hello,

In your online demo for gallery http://www.docuvieware-demo.com/gallery_demo.aspx you display the ability to open an OpenXMLWord file (Le_passage_de_Lorem_Ipsum_standard.docx) and was wondering how you do it?

Using GetDocumentFormatFromFile to get if file format is supported, when I try to open a docx file I am told format is DocumentFormat.DocumentFormatUNKNOWN...
So not sure how you are coding to determine if the viewer can handle the format.

Thanks,

Marc Cramer

David

Re: gallery demo question

Post by David » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:58 am

Hi Marc,

Thank you for your interest in our online demonstrations! This DocuVieware demo offers a preview of upcoming features, we are please to know it is of interest for you.

We are busy with the implementation of the Open Xml Office support. GdPicture 12.0 will offer the possibility to display an Open Xml Word Processing Document for preview purpose. We will obviously improve the Open Xml Office support with other file formats during GdPicture 12 lifetime.

Just for the sake of clarity: GdPicture and DocuVieware are the only necessary products for supporting Open Xml Word Processing Document preview, there's not need for any Microsoft Office component to make .

We are in the very last stages of development and we should release GdPicture 12.0 within the coming weeks. You should be able to use the feature very soon.

Please note with have some other exciting features developed and the development of their demonstration is ongoing.

Regards,

David

PS: I believe I have answered there your question in the other post "plans for support"

cramer

Post by cramer » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:16 pm

Sounds great.
Looking forward to the new release.

Any plans for ability to load multiple files as one "document"...
Example: we have saved off one 10 page tif as 10 single page images, would be great to be able to load as example an IEnumerable(Of String) to the viewer vs one at a time.

Also see in release notes about new functionality but the help file has nothing on it...
Example: - DocuVieware: new static method DocuViewareManager.SetStickyPageSessionMode()
Seems like the help file is a little lacking for Docuvieware functionality...

Thanks.

David

Post by David » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:00 am

Hi Marc,

In order to display pages from different documents we have several developers using a PDF as a container for this purpose. As our PDF creation is very fast, this solution matches most of the needs.

I will discuss with the team to see if we have something better to propose in the near future.

It seems we have to improve some documentation. About release note and help file, I am sorry but: which help file and which release note are you referring to?

Regards,

David

David

Post by David » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:23 pm

Marc,

In order to display pages from different document we have to implement a "Virtual Document." This is part of the wish list but I don't have a release date at the moment.

About release note and help file, I guess you are referring to the information published on the forum, right? I have pointed this as a bug and we will work on updating the help.

We are busy improving our communication, included our release notes.

Regards,

David

cramer

Post by cramer » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:52 pm

David wrote:Marc,
About release note and help file, I guess you are referring to the information published on the forum, right? I have pointed this as a bug and we will work on updating the help.
Hello,

Thanks you for the information.
Yes I was referring to the information that is posted in the forum for each release.
Then based on that went to your hosted documentation to see what the feature is and it is not listed.

So the release note is from the post on the forum for new release
announces/gdpicture-net-new-medium-rele ... 90-15.html
and the documentation I refer to is the online documentation
https://www.gdpicture.com/products/guides/

Thanks.

ocebotari

Post by ocebotari » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:41 am

Hello,

I have a question about gallery_demo from Simple folder.
I would like the same functionality, but I don't want to load anything in viewer on start.
I try to do that in this example. I deleted all code from page load event of gallery_demo control.
I start the example, the viewer is empty(this is right), but when I click to the file from left list, the viewer doesn't show the document.
If revert the code in page load, the viewer works.
Why if don't load document in viewer on the start, I cannot load any document from list using custom action.

Thank you.

Loïc
Site Admin

Post by Loïc » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:11 pm

Hi,

This issue has been fixed into the latest release.

Kind regards,

Loïc