Latest gdPicture.Net 12 with Delphi Seattle

General discussions about GdPicture.NET.
BCWGuy

Latest gdPicture.Net 12 with Delphi Seattle

Post by BCWGuy » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:45 pm

I downloaded the latest trial for gdPicture.Net 12 on 9/7/2016 (12.0.0.33?) and set it up in Delphi Seattle.

My first problem was the GdPicture_NET_12_TLB.pas file contained the following code:
TControlData2(CControlData).FirstEventOfs := UIntPtr(@@FOnViewerDoubleClick ) - UIntPtr( Self );
I modified it as such to eliminate the errors:
TControlData2(CControlData).FirstEventOfs := Cardinal(@@FOnViewerDoubleClick ) - Cardinal( Self );

I was then able to build and install the component/package.

The remaining problem is that when I place a gdViewer component on a Delphi form, I can't select it (on the form) at design time using the mouse. I have to select the instance in the Structure or Object Inspector in order to do things like change properties or changing position and size. I can resize it, but I can't move it using the mouse at design time. It's a Delphi VCL Win32 application.

Note that I tested it in Visual Studio 2012, and I don't have any problems selecting the component on the form at design time in that IDE.

Thanks in advance for any assistance in getting my Delphi Seattle to work with the gdViewer component at design time in a normal fashion (selecting, moving, and resizing with mouse).

Cedric

Re: Latest gdPicture.Net 12 with Delphi Seattle

Post by Cedric » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:52 pm

Hello,

It seems to be a Delphi related issue that we are looking into, at this point we are still not sure what is the cause of this.
We recommend using the GdPicture_NET_12_TLB.pas that is provided with the Delphi demo applications in the SDK installation folder.

BCWGuy

Post by BCWGuy » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:11 pm

Thanks for the reply. I located the GdPicture_NET_12_TLB.pas file in the demos and tried that. But now, in Delphi's 'Install Packages' form, when I highlight the gdPicture.bpl file which was installed using the replaced PAS file, there are no components listed. I also can't locate any components in the Tool Palette.

wsoul2k

Post by wsoul2k » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:25 pm

You can change the UIntPtr to System.UIntPtr or cardinal dont use the GdPicture_NET_12_TLB.pas file in the demos or you wont get any components