Rotating GDPictureImaging object should rotate all child objects relative to the rotation

Feature Requests for GdPicture.NET.
ElkayEQ

Rotating GDPictureImaging object should rotate all child objects relative to the rotation

Post by ElkayEQ » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:35 pm

You take a scanned page and look for barcodes using gdPictureImaging.Barcode1DReaderDoScan
You discover there are barcodes on the page and that they are oriented the wrong way (someone must has scanned this page sideways)
Easy enough to correct.
Check the Skew Angle of the barcode and apply a rotation to the image (for this example lets say the image is turned onto its right side.)
So we rotate it left like this: gdPictureImaging.Rotate(_GDPictImageID, RotateFlipType.Rotate270FlipNone)
Easy as pie!

Here's the problem.
NONE of those barcodes you read are in their original position but if you do this:
Dim X As Integer = gdPictureImaging.Barcode1DReaderGetBarcodeX1(iCX) it will return the same value before the rotation as it does after the rotation.

My feature request is: When rotating an image that has a collection of barcodes read into it (and annotations for that matter) shouldn't the barcode positional information be adjusted to match the newly rotated image instead of forcing us to re-read the barcodes or have I completely missed something (I'm still fairly new to GDPicture's barcode technology so its VERY possible I just missed something!!)

-Curtis

Costinel

Re: Rotating GDPictureImaging object should rotate all child objects relative to the rotation

Post by Costinel » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:57 am

Hi Curtis,

The barcode collection is retrieved for an image, but the collection is not considered as a child of the image. You may process the image and the barcodes could be erased or very damaged, so they do not exists in the image anymore.
So, anytime you alter the image, the barcode scanning method(s) should be called again with the modified image as a parameter.

Best regards,
Costinel Mitrea

ElkayEQ

Re: Rotating GDPictureImaging object should rotate all child objects relative to the rotation

Post by ElkayEQ » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:30 am

Thanks Costinel! That makes perfect sense.