Barcode cannot be read

Discussions about barcode reading and writing
Costinel

Re: Barcode cannot be read

Post by Costinel » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:23 am

Hi,

I tried to recognize your barcodes with our latest release. The barcode in the first image is recognized properly, the barcode in the second image was not found. I sent the images to our development team for further analysis.
Please send more of your unrecognized images by creating a ticket on https://support.orpalis.com/
Having more of such images will help us understand and fix the problem(s) with the PDF417 barcodes.
Thank you!

Best regards,
Costinel Mitrea
GdPicture Team

Costinel

Post by Costinel » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:44 pm

Hi,

We have identified why the PDF417 barcode in your second image was not read by our engine: it have some unexpected glued bars.
We have improved our reader to handle better such cases. The next minor release will read properly all the PDF417 barcodes you sent us.
We cannot be sure if this is the single problem with your scanned images. Again, in order to understand and fix the issues it would help that you send us more such images, through our support platform: https://support.orpalis.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit
Your images will be treated as confidential and they will be used for tests against any future release.
Thank you for cooperation on this.

I will let you know when the next minor release will be available for download.

Best regards,
Costinel Mitrea
GdPicture Team

Costinel

Post by Costinel » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:55 am

Hi,

Our current release, 14.0.34, reads all the PDF417 barcodes in the images you sent us.
Please update (https://www.gdpicture.com/download-gdpicture/) and let us know how is it working for you.

Best regards,
Costinel Mitrea
GdPicture Team

EFernkaes

Post by EFernkaes » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:12 am

OK, thank you very much.

I just downloaded the actual version and we will test it.
We have built-in a fallback, that informs us, if there is a PDF417 BC that is read by our old component but not with GDPicture.

Greetings Reinhard

EFernkaes

Post by EFernkaes » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:04 pm

OK, I uploaded two documents from today with furthermore PDF417 barcodes that can't be read.

Ticket ID #174719

Hope you can provide further help.

Thank you in advance.

Reinhard

EFernkaes

Post by EFernkaes » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:43 pm

Hello Orpalis Team,

since my last post, i have collected now approx. 350 PDF417 barcodes, that weren't read by your engine and other did read them.

Any improvement or Progress in this matter yet?

Thanks Reinhard

Loïc
Site Admin

Post by Loïc » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:08 pm

Hi,

We do frequent improvements as our changelog states. If you encounter a specific issue with a specific barcode just create a new thread to our helpdesk by providing it and you will obtain a feedback.

Kind regards,

Loïc