GDViewer loading large documents - complete event

Discussions about document viewing.
ElkayEQ

GDViewer loading large documents - complete event

Post by ElkayEQ » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:04 am

I work with some pretty large documents (some are in the thousands of pages though most are 20-50 pages) and I was wondering if there was a method (or any other way) to tell me when GDViewer has completed loading its assigned image?

If there is not - can there be :)

Thanks for the many, many years of fantastic graphics controls folks!

-C

David

Re: GDViewer loading large documents - complete event

Post by David » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:04 am

Hi,

I'm sorry, may I ask you to detail "its assigned image". There's an event fired when the page is displayed but I'm not sure it's what you need.

https://www.gdpicture.com/guides/gdpicture/web ... ed_EV.html

Regards,

David

ElkayEQ

Post by ElkayEQ » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:22 am

hi David, sorry about the delay in my reply - things have been pretty nuts over the last few weeks.
I actually figured out what I needed - I was looking in the wrong place. What I really needed was something that told me when THUMBNAILEX was done creating all of ITS objects and there's a nice little exposed method called OnAllItemsLoaded that does this for me...HOWEVER

It would be nice if I could capture when each individual Thumbnail was created so I could provide a visual feedback to my users so they are aware that they're loading a very large document and that there's still some processing going on behind the scenes.

Is there an event that gets raised after EACH individual Thumbnail is created?
At first I thought it would be "ControlAdded" but that doesn't seem to do anything.

I realize I'm mixing my questions here too - but I have one more for you:
What happens when I load a 10,000 page document into GDViewer that's linked to a ThumbnailEX control and WHILE the Thumbs are being created, I close and dispose the form that holds the GDViewer/ThumbnailEX???

Thanks again for your patience!

-Curtis

David

Post by David » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:40 am

Hi Curtis,

I'm sorry there are no event fired for each and every thumbnail at the moment.

The software is design to work properly in case the application exists while the thumbnails are being created. We have a number of customers handling large documents every days.

Regards,

David

ElkayEQ

Post by ElkayEQ » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:11 am

David, that's what I expected to see :)
THANK YOU!

Nandy1234

Post by Nandy1234 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:30 pm

Hi there,

Has anyone experience with OCR and scanning..

Or with scanned textsearchable PDF's ? :?:

David

Post by David » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:25 pm

Hi Nandy,

We have a deep knowledge in OCR and scanning. How can I help you?

ElkayEQ

Post by ElkayEQ » Thu May 31, 2018 12:09 am

Nandy1234 wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:30 pm
Hi there,

Has anyone experience with OCR and scanning..

Or with scanned textsearchable PDF's ? :?:
My timing is horrible, Nandy - I don't refer to these forums unless I'm requesting help from one of the devs or other users and once my question(s) are answered I only have a few minutes to see if there's anyone out there asking a question that *I* can help answer...I was looking at the follow-up to my original question in this thread when I saw your post from half a year ago :(

Pretty much all I do is manage scanned documents, large, small and everything in between - and yes, OCRing PDF's is one of the many tasks I use GDPicture.Net to accomplish. If you were unable to get the answers you needed, feel free to reach out again and i'll help where I can.

I'll check back on this post over the next few days to see if this is still an issue for you though because of my delay I'm sure you've resolved your issue(s) by now.

-C