Excel, PowerPoint and other unsupported formats

Discussions about Office OpenXML & Open Document formats support.
cramer

plans for support

Post by cramer » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:47 pm

Hello,

Was wondering if there are any plans to support office formats like xlsx or docx etc in the works?
If so any idea when might be available?

Thanks,

Marc Cramer

David

Re: plans for support

Post by David » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:00 am

Hi Marc,

Read more in the posts bellow.

Regards,

David

reisvm

Excel, PowerPoint and other unsupported formats

Post by reisvm » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:04 pm

I am evaluating the DocuVieware ASP.NET SDK and we like it so far, except it does not support Excel and PowerPoint formats.

Is there a way/event that the server can receive pre-rendering the document where I can open the Excel/PowerPoint document and convert it in code to PDF so the Viewer can then render it ? I know this is a hack but just wondering if this is possible.

Or is it possible for me to create a plugin to convert the unsupported formats into a PDF before the Viewer renders it ? if so, where can I get a code sample.

Thanks

Loïc
Site Admin

Re: Excel, PowerPoint and other unsupported formats

Post by Loïc » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:56 pm

Hello,

We are working hard to implement other Office and Open Documents formats.
A dozen of a days ago we've released support for the ODT format. Other ones are still on development and we hope to release them this year.

Also we don't have any built-in mechanism to triggers event when no supported files are loaded.

Please let us know if you need further information.

With best regards,

Loïc Carrère

Loïc
Site Admin

Post by Loïc » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:57 pm

Hello,

We are working hard to implement other Office and Open Documents formats.
A dozen of a days ago we've released support for the ODT format. Other ones are still on development and we hope to release them this year.

Also we don't have any built-in mechanism to triggers event when no supported files are loaded.

Please let us know if you need further information.

With best regards,

Loïc Carrère

Gabriela

Re: plans for support

Post by Gabriela » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:54 pm

Hello,

Docx format is already supported. For other formats, please see this thread: https://www.gdpicture.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=6344

beinder

Post by beinder » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:38 pm

We handle this scenario by doing the conversion to PDF before we give it to the viewer.
reisvm wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:04 pm
I am evaluating the DocuVieware ASP.NET SDK and we like it so far, except it does not support Excel and PowerPoint formats.

Is there a way/event that the server can receive pre-rendering the document where I can open the Excel/PowerPoint document and convert it in code to PDF so the Viewer can then render it ? I know this is a hack but just wondering if this is possible.

Or is it possible for me to create a plugin to convert the unsupported formats into a PDF before the Viewer renders it ? if so, where can I get a code sample.

Thanks

beinder

Post by beinder » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:38 pm

We handle this scenario by doing the conversion to PDF before we give it to the viewer.
reisvm wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:04 pm

Thanks

Gabriela

Post by Gabriela » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:52 pm

Hello,

Yes, this is a good workaround, as many applications and browsers offer now the functionality such as convert to PDF or save as PDF. And then you can simply view the PDF file in GdViewer/DocuVieware.