Watermark in Viewer for PDF

Discussions about DocuVieware integration in GdPicture.NET.
nbsusa

Watermark in Viewer for PDF

Post by nbsusa » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:52 pm

How do I add a watermark to every page (PDF) in the Docuvieware viewer? I want to add a watermark similar to what you use for the trial version. I want text with a colored background (in a rectangle for example) as we need to actually cover up a portion of our document for our demo users. The watermark cannot be moveable or removeable from within the viewer.

I have been unable to find anywhere in the documentation and/or forum that explains how to do this.

NOTE: We have some PDF's that are over 10,000 pages. Although they display fairly quickly we do not want to add a watermark to every page, resave the "new" PDF, and then load into the viewer. We are hoping you have a way that we can do something similar to your trial version.

Thank you.

nbsusa

Re: Watermark in Viewer for PDF

Post by nbsusa » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:26 pm

This is the update I received from Cedric with the GDPicture Team:

The watermark mechanism we are using is not publicly exposed and therefore cannot be used in another context.
That being said, it is easy enough to implement your own through a custom action and the corresponding event.
Basically you just need the RegisterOnPageChanged callback to run a custom action that will draw your watermark on the page.
With this approach you will be able to design the watermark exactly as you need it, whether it is an image or hard-coded text.

Loïc
Site Admin

Post by Loïc » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:15 pm

Hi,

I think the best option is to draw the watmermak from the server side. Just catch the PageTransferReady event, then draw your watermark on the provided image (see imageID parameter).

http://www.docuvieware.com/guides/aspne ... dy_EV.html

Kind regards,

Loïc

danibary

Post by danibary » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:34 pm

I would like to suggest you PDF Watermark Tool this Software that does the needful for you with some simple steps. Here is the link which you can visit for complete details – http://www.pdfwatermark.filefixutility.com/