Document Rotation

Discussions about document viewing.
jaybrandt

Document Rotation

Post by jaybrandt » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:44 pm

So, due to issues beyond the control of our dev team, we're being forced to fall back to GDP V10 in our old VB6 product. The issue with that is that we were using the viewer .RotateViewer functionality to rotate the page of a document for viewing (but *not* actually modifying the document itself). But, GDP10 doesn't have this function (or, it's not exposed in the interop layer, which for this amounts to the same thing). The only function there appears to be .Rotate, which actually changes the rotation of the page itself, not just how it's displayed.

I've tried a couple of different things, remembering the original rotation and putting it back at the end being the most recent. However, the code is old and complex and the issues with that approach just cascaded into additional issues. I'm hoping that GDP10 had something similar to RotateViewer that I've just been missing. Any info on something like that would be tremendously helpful.

Loïc
Site Admin

Re: Document Rotation

Post by Loïc » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:08 pm

Hi

Unfortunately, as you said, implement such feature is quite complicated and have implications on application architecture. I can only suggest to reconsider our latest version that addresses this challenge in a straightforward level for consumer or try to redevelop on your end :)

With best regards,

Loïc Carrère