How to use TWAIN for Duplex Scanning?

Discussions about TWAIN & WIA scanning in GdPicture.NET using GdPictureImaging.
ajstadlin

How to use TWAIN for Duplex Scanning?

Post by ajstadlin » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:29 am

I am developing a routine to use GdPicture.NET 14 and TWAIN to control our Kodak i1440 scanner. Everything works well with Single side scanning. However, when I select the Duplex mode in the Kodak TWAIN dialog and Scan, the scanning process "freezes" before feeding and the dialog freezes, causing my application to "freeze" in the TwainAcquireToGdPictureImage() processing.

Code: Select all

if (GdPicImgObj.TwainGetDuplexMode() == 1)
{
    GdPicImgObj.TwainEnableDuplex(true);
}
GdPicImgObj.TwainAcquireToGdPictureImage(Application.OpenForms[0].Handle);
I can preset the TWAIN Duplex option using the above TwainEnableDuplexe(true) method. But regardless of this setting, trying to Duplex scan in the TwainAcquireToGdPictureImage() method freezes everything. I can only use Single sided scanning. Both Top OR Bottom sides can be scanned using the TWAIN dialog, so I know the scanning TWAIN features and scanner cameras work. I can also duplex scan with other software so I know the TWAIN software works.

Platform: GdPicture.NET 14.074, Visual Studio 2017 C#, .NET 4.6.2, Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB/64bit

Loïc
Site Admin

Re: How to use TWAIN for Duplex Scanning?

Post by Loïc » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:51 am

Hello,

Please follow this topic to analyse what the issue can be. Checking for latest dsm and updating twain driver usually fixes 90% of such problem.

Link: https://www.gdpicture.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1486

With best regards,

Loïc Carrère