Any Hope for .Net Standard?

Feature Requests for GdPicture.NET.
blewis

Any Hope for .Net Standard?

Post by blewis » Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:24 am

We've been using an older version of GdPicture on .Net Framework for years. However, most of our new development is all .Net Core/Standard. Most of our image processing is being moved to Azure Functions and Microsoft is making it very hard to create functions that are not .Net Standard. Is there any hope that GdPicture will be migrated to .Net Standard? In particular, we make heavy use of the PDF/document processing.

Thanks,
Bryan

Gabriela

Re: Any Hope for .Net Standard?

Post by Gabriela » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:51 am

Hi,

As we receive this type of questions quite often, our management considers migration to .NET standard or Core technologies. We will try to release something this year, probably a separate toolkit, to support .NET core / standard 2.0.

Gabriela

Post by Gabriela » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:43 am

Hello,

GdPicture & DocuVIeware are now available for .NET Core 3 and higher based applications from the release 14.1.31.

blewis

Post by blewis » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:34 pm

Thank you for the followup. I see that in the Announcements section, this is listed as a "preview" feature. Are ALL functions of the SDK available for .Net Core? Or is it limited to certain portions? We use a lot -- imaging, PDF, OCR, OMR and document processing.

Thanks,
Bryan

Gabriela

Post by Gabriela » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:43 pm

Hi, Bryan,

It is because .NET Core 3 is not officially released by Microsoft, this support for GdPicture.NET is, like it is for Microsoft, on preview stage. We will then switch to the release stage as soon as Microsoft does it, currently announced for September 2019.
Please refer to this article for more details: .NET Core 3 in GdPicture.NET and DocuVieware

Loïc
Site Admin

Post by Loïc » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:27 am

Hello Bryan,

In addition 100% of the .NET Framework API of GdPicture.NET is available in the .NET core version.

Cheers,

Loïc

blewis

Post by blewis » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:29 pm

Thank you both again for the additional info. I initially didn't see that this was specifically for .Net Core 3, so I understand the preview status. I guess evaluating this new version will give me a reason to install the preview .Net Core v3 SDK. ;)