Rotating Pages Issue

Discussions about DocuVieware integration in GdPicture.NET.
OleBroseph

Rotating Pages Issue

Post by OleBroseph » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:18 pm

Hi,

We've customized our needs to allow the users to select multiple thumbnails from the DocuVieware control and rotate all of the corresponding pages through a custom action we've written.

The problem is that the rotated page looks like it's rotated but still displayed in portrait mode. I noticed that changing the zoom fixes the problem, but changing the zoom to different values isn't a great way to solve the problem. I attached a couple of screenshots (one before rotation, and one after rotation) showing the problem.
Attachments
BeforeRotation.png
AfterRotation.png

Gabriela

Re: Rotating Pages Issue

Post by Gabriela » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:51 am

Hello,

May I ask you to try our online Standalone Viewer demo with your source document if you can replicate the described behavior there?
Let us know the results. Thank you.

OleBroseph

Post by OleBroseph » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:30 pm

The standalone viewer doesn't have the functionality that we added. I attached a gif of the problem.

I understand that DocuVieware doesn't have the ability to select thumbnails and then rotate those corresponding pages, but it's something we wanted to give our customers so they wouldn't have to scroll through the entire document to rotate single pages.
Attachments
Rotate.gif
Rotate.gif (1.28 MiB) Viewed 6192 times

Gabriela

Post by Gabriela » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:09 pm

Hello,

I understand your workflow. I only wanted to point out, that if the rotation works in our demo, then the issue is most likely in your application. It looks like the issue come from the js, seems like the backend has the information about the rotation but the front end don't. The dev-team is looking into this. In the meantime, you can compare the code behind our demo viewer with yours if there are some differences. Or you can send us your code snippet or the whole application if possible so we can investigate that further.

Loïc
Site Admin

Post by Loïc » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:05 pm

Hi,

Have you tried to call the GdPictureStatus RedrawPages(int[] pages) method from the server side?
It has been designed to specifically handles such context.

Kind regards,

Loïc

Loïc
Site Admin

Post by Loïc » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:06 pm