Docuvieware Annotation Color - Color Picker

Discussions about DocuVieware integration in GdPicture.NET.
LMT

Docuvieware Annotation Color - Color Picker

Post by LMT » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:33 pm

I would like to use a different color picker for the annotation color selector. I have found a couple good open source options that function more like the way it does in MS Paint and that will be easier for my clients.

Is the best way to modify the docuviewere-min.js file to do this? I tried something very simple and I couldn't get the docuviewere.js to over ride the default javascript resourcefile that comes with docuviewere.

I can see that Docuviewere is using minicolors but it's very hard for my users to select straightforward colors like red, blue, yellow green etc.

I am trying to avoid building my own tool pallete and dialog boxes as everything else works great.

Thanks,
-Tom
Le Mans Tech, LLC

loicaigon

Re: Docuvieware Annotation Color - Color Picker

Post by loicaigon » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:01 am

Hi Tom,

I don't think tweaking our file is the best option as any further updates may override your work. I will pass the request to the support team and let you know.

Best regards,

Loic Aigon

LMT

Post by LMT » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:39 pm

Thank you Loic

loicaigon

Post by loicaigon » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:47 pm

Hi Tom,

So there is, unfortunately, neither trivial nor ideal solution at this date. The "simplest" solution would be adding an extra step for selecting a color with the color picker library of your choice. But the end-user would eventually have to re-select the color that was just defined in our color picker.

There is no roadmap for allowing users to set the color picker library of their choice. But feel free to send us a feature request!

Best regards,

Loic Aigon