Link to old version

General discussions about GdPicture.NET.
flowerz

Link to old version

Post by flowerz » Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:22 pm

Hi,
I would like to know if there is a way to download GDPicture.NET 12. I could not see any link in the website.

Thanks in advance.

Jorge

loicaigon

Re: Link to old version

Post by loicaigon » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:21 am

Hi,

Sorry to bear the bad news but we do not provide access to former versions of our SDK. Would you mind giving more details about your request?

Best regards,

Loic Aigon

flowerz

Post by flowerz » Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:59 pm

Hi @loicaigon,
thanks for your reply. I have a customer which has a license he purchased for 12 version some years ago. He passed me his license number so I can fix some bugs in his software (It is a one developer license AFAIK. I will be the only one using it). How can I open, run and debug his Visual Studio project without having that SDK?

loicaigon

Post by loicaigon » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:47 pm

Hi Flowerz,

First of all, according to our EULA, your customer is violating many of our rules. See points 5.x here:
https://www.gdpicture.com/products/lice ... re-dotnet/

There are only two legal ways I can see here:

1) You customer hires you to be an employee of the company and do official request to transfer the key(i.e. sending a signed PDF to us explaining why he needs this and detailing to whom it will be transferred and into which context).

If the customer isn't covered by a maintenance contract, upgrading to V14 could also be an interesting opportunity to take advantage of enhanced features and added functionalities.

2) You get you own GdPicture V14 licence as a freelancer and compile application for your client.

Whatever you decide, we cannot provide installers for SDK V12, only for latest SDK version.

flowerz

Post by flowerz » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:13 pm

@loicaigon, thank you.
So if the license owner decides himself to use his purchased 12 version to make some software he needs and he does not have that SDK version, he will not be able to do so, unless he explains you why he is using it. That way you can allow him to download that SDK version, right?

loicaigon

Post by loicaigon » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:41 am

Hi Flowerz,

I may have misexplained things. The signed PDF procedure is for moving license from a developer A to a developer B inside the company. As I said licences are linked to developers and so your customer is not allowed to just give you his key. Plus you won't probably be able to activate it on your machine.
Once that said, and to make some progress, I suggest your customer sends us his licence key so we can see at the history and analyse how we can help exactly. As EULA also stands licence numbers shouldn't be exposed in web pages, I suggest he sends us the licence though a ticket explaining the situation there and mentioning this exchange:
https://orpalis.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Looking forward,

Loic A.