Linux Support

General discussions about GdPicture.NET.
dblalock

Linux Support

Post by dblalock » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:28 am

Is there any plans to support applications running on linux? The .Net Core version is available but doesn't actually support the cross-platform capability of .Net Core -- not even the light .Net Core windows docker image. Competitors support this so I was curious if we're going to see it any time soon -- not to mention .Net 5...

Fabio

Re: Linux Support

Post by Fabio » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:35 pm

Hello,

We do not plan to support Linux at the moment but we do not exclude this possibility.
We recommend to our clients to use a three third architecture to work with a Linux server.

Regards,
Fabio de Rose
Solution Engineer

JasJ21

Post by JasJ21 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:26 pm

Okay, that's good to know. I was thinking of experimenting with GdPicture on my Linux computer, but I'll use it on my Windows PC then, and will follow what happens on this forum to know if Linux support is implemented some day.

Loïc
Site Admin

Post by Loïc » Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:30 pm

Actually we do offer GdPicture + DocuVieware technologies to any platform / device through a REST API + open source apps.
See: https://passportpdf.com/

Cheers,

Loïc

jcliffio

Post by jcliffio » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:08 pm

I would like to voice my support for this feature as well. Our .NET Core application uses GdPicture + DocuVieware heavily, to the point that it would be very difficult to separate it from the rest of the application. Our company has a goal of running everything on Linux Kubernetes clusters and we are unable to migrate to that architecture due to our dependencies on GdPicture.

truongnht

Post by truongnht » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:30 am

Hi,

I have tried with Windows container, not easy to run at all. If we use nano server, it does not include gdiplus.dll. Using servercore is really heavy (would rather install the whole solution in the server itself).

Can you please assist us in reducing the image size of the container.

Kind regards,

Truong

Loïc
Site Admin

Post by Loïc » Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:22 pm

Great news all!

GdPicture is now supported on Linux & Linux ARM.
See: https://www.gdpicture.com/blog/reinvent ... w-release/