Annotations with the bounds displayed image?

Feature Requests for GdPicture.NET.
MStein

Annotations with the bounds displayed image?

Post by MStein » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:57 pm

is it possible to rescrict annotations to only be placed with in the displayed image?
if so how to do so in WPF? monster

Fabio

Re: Annotations with the bounds displayed image?

Post by Fabio » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:34 pm

Hello there,

What do you mean by restrict?

At the moment, our application let the user draw outside the document, but if you save this document and open it with another editor/viewer, you will not see the outside annotations!

Best regards,
Fabio de Rose
Solution Engineer

MStein

Post by MStein » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:20 pm

Yes that is what i want to avoid. it should be impossible to annotate a document outside its bounds. is there a way to limit the annotation area beforehand?

Hugo

Post by Hugo » Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:15 pm

Hi MStein,

Thank you for your request. We currently have this feature on our to-do list.

We will consider implementing this. How is this causing issues for you as you can simply avoid drawing annotations outside the page boundaries?
Additionally you can fit the page size to the viewer which would prevent you from drawing annotations outside the page boundaries if you are using the interactive methods for drawing annotations.

Feel free to let me know why you would need this?

Regards,

MStein

Post by MStein » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:15 pm

Hey Hugo

i've found a way to ristrict that annotation area, after annotations is placed however it is not the ideal solution.
the reason is when you annotate a picture or a pdf and then burn the annotation and then export the file, the part of the annotation that was outside the bounds of the file is not there anymore ofc.

then i simply wanted a boolean to limit the area to only allow annotation inside picture or pdf bounds, and still keep the responsiveness by fitting content to viewer.

Jojoshua

Post by Jojoshua » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:54 am

We ran into this as well and would like a solution

JasJ21

Post by JasJ21 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:04 pm

Good to know that the feature is coming in the future! It's so far the only issue I ever had with GdPicture, I'm entirely satisfied with everything else and adding it will make a lot of happy customers.

Loïc
Site Admin

Post by Loïc » Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:33 pm

Should be available within one or two weeks guys!

Fabio

Post by Fabio » Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:25 pm

Hello,

This feature is now available!

It is managed with the boolean property ClipAnnotsToPageBounds.
You will find the documentation here: https://www.gdpicture.com/guides/gdpicture/Gd ... ounds.html

For your information, the default value of this parameter if you don't set it in the code, is "true".

Please, let us know if this new feature is addressing your need or if you need further evolution.

Best regards,
Fabio

Jojoshua

Post by Jojoshua » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:30 am

This doesn't appear to work, isn't it supposed to clip the annotation in the viewer? Users can still drag an annotation halfway between the document and the gray area outside the document.

Hugo

Post by Hugo » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:04 pm

Hi Jojoshua,

Have you made sure to update your version to our latest release? https://www.gdpicture.com/download-gdpicture/

You need to specify ClipAnnotsToPageBounds and set it to "true". You should not need to do this however since this is the default behavior.

You can directly test this in our annotations demo found here: C:\GdPicture.NET 14\Samples\Bin

Feel free to zoom out on the document you have loaded and try to drag an annotation outside of the displayed page. This is not possible.

Regards,
Hugo

Jojoshua

Post by Jojoshua » Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:10 am

Hugo,

I thought I was on the latest but I will check again. I did just try the annotation demo on your website and it allowed me to drag the annotation outside the bounds. Are the demos automatically updated with the latest version?

Hugo

Post by Hugo » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:49 pm

Jojoshua,

The demos on our website are automatically updated with each internal change we do.

If you tested out our Docuvieware annotations demo, you are right in pointing out you can draw outside the displayed page.
In our GdPicture demos however, the default behavior is what I mentioned previously and you should have no trouble doing what I mentioned in my previous reply.

Regards,
Hugo

Jojoshua

Post by Jojoshua » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:32 am

Hugo,

So are you saying this property does not work with docuvieware? That was my need.