redrow slow

Discussions about document viewing.
Isaac

redrow slow

Post by Isaac » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:30 am

hi i was using gdpicture since pro5 then .net 11 than 12, i just updated to 14. i am having a very strange problem in the viewer in 14 that when we use the redrew the viewer gets blank (white) and redraws and this seems for the users as if it was flickering, i have tried the same form with the 12 and 11 version all same code and they have a smooth redrew but in 14 i am getting the flickering , is there any property that can be set? or this is a limitation of version 14?

i doubt that its my code because the same code is fine in 12 or 11. additionally i have tried running the compile samples provided in the bin file and they seems to follow the same think (rotating pdf in any 14 sample flickers while rotating in 12 samples seems to be smooth)

Isaac

Re: redrow slow

Post by Isaac » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:56 am

i just found that setting enabledeferredpainting to false fixes somehow this issue , still slow but not flickering

Loïc
Site Admin

Re: redrow slow

Post by Loïc » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:57 am

Hi Isaac,

GdPicture 14 is supposed to be way faster than any previous version for any kind of document rendering.

Could you clarify which kind of document you are using in this test? Best would be to share it with us through our helpdesk platform: https://orpalis.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

With best regards,

Loïc