Azure DevOps CI CD?

General discussions about GdPicture.NET.
KurtInCali

Azure DevOps CI CD?

Post by KurtInCali » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:25 pm

So, I'm doing the imaging stuff as part of a larger solution. We are in the process of moving our Repos to Azure DevOps and intend on creating Build Pipelines and Deployment Agents to distribute our applications and updates to our customers.

Is Azure DevOps going to be able to build a from a repo with a project referencing GdPicture?

DevOps has a lot of learning curve (for me anyways), I don't want to waste me time debugging a process that wont work.

Any guidance would be most appreciated.

Loïc
Site Admin

Re: Azure DevOps CI CD?

Post by Loïc » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:01 pm

Hi there,
Is Azure DevOps going to be able to build a from a repo with a project referencing GdPicture?
Sure, there is no reason you should not be able to do this. We are doing that every day in our company...

If you encounter any particular issue just create a ticket here or into our helpdesk platform: https://orpalis.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

With best regards,

Loïc

KurtInCali

Post by KurtInCali » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:03 pm

Yes thank you, it turns out all I needed to do was setup a "local build agent" so when I push a commit to the repo, it kicks off a build in the cloud, that actually happens on my licensed dev box, with the resulting artifacts staged on the cloud for the release pipeline to the deployment group. I'm a little late to that party, but it sure is a lot easier than what I've been doing the past couple of decades.
Here is a decent tutorial on setting up the local build agent in case anyone else needs to do the same...
https://youtu.be/sjCOc4g-AdY

Loïc
Site Admin

Post by Loïc » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:01 pm

Thanks a lot for the share Kurt!