Docuvieware Session Management

Discussions about DocuVieware integration in GdPicture.NET.
cutch

Docuvieware Session Management

Post by cutch » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:11 pm

Hi,

I am doing an eval integration with our product, and was wondering how to handle sessions with Docuvieware. In my integration, users review a document and, update some metadata and move on the next document. In the case where they have executed an action, I can abandon the session they had to clean up the document on disk. However, if IIS is gracefully shutdown (either from IIS Manager, or a system reboot / shutdown) the documents seem to stay there forever. Is there a way to tell Docuvieware to clean up on graceful shutdown of IIS?

I have already tried the method DocuViewareManager.CollectSessionsData(); on shutdown of IIS, but that doesn't seem to do it.

Loïc
Site Admin

Re: Docuvieware Session Management

Post by Loïc » Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:05 pm

Hello there,

The CollectSessionsData() method is there to trigger the sessions garbage collector. It will basically removed any trace of EXPIRED session.
Note the garbage collector is automatically triggered by the system based on an adaptive mechanism.

There is currently one way to drop a known session. This can be done using the AbandonSession() method. Ref: https://docuvieware.com/guides/aspnet/G ... ssion.html

We are immediately working on a new method to drop all available sessions. It will be available into our tomorrow's release.

Please let us know if you need further information or assistance.

With best regards,

Loïc

Loïc
Site Admin

Re: Docuvieware Session Management

Post by Loïc » Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:02 am

...and here is the new AbandonSessions() method for such purpose:

https://docuvieware.com/guides/aspnet/G ... sions.html

Cheers,

Loïc