Printing question

Discussions about DocuVieware integration in GdPicture.NET.
tboser

Printing question

Post by tboser » Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:12 pm

When I print a document by picking a printer and printing using the default print button from the Docuvieware toolbar, it always prints the browser header and footer stuff in Chrome / Edge unless I go into the browsers settings and turn that off. I can't turn off the settings on all customer computers. Is there a way to fix this using CSS or javascript like in standard HTML? I tried applying this to the style of my page that has Docuviewere:
@media print {
a[href]:after {
content: none !important;
}
}

but that doesn't help.

Thank you,
-Tom

Loïc
Site Admin

Re: Printing question

Post by Loïc » Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:12 am

Hi Tom,

This is something we already tried to achieve in the past without much success. But maybe the standards or google-api offer something for such purpose now...

We will investigate further in a few days.

Cheers,

Loïc

Fabio

Post by Fabio » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:55 pm

Hello Tom,

For Chrome, I wasn't able to reproduce the issue. Could you tell me the steps you followed to reproduce it, please?

For Edge, we're currently implementing a workaround to hide the header/footer on the printed pages. I'll keep you updated about it!

With best,
Fabio

Fabio

Post by Fabio » Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:49 pm

Hello Tom,

The workaround for Edge has been implemented and will be available on our next minor release!
For the chrome issue, we're still not able to reproduce it on our side, any information about the steps you followed will be helpful!

With best,
Fabio