DisplayFromURL error

Discussions about document viewing.
samis

DisplayFromURL error

Post by samis » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:58 pm

Hi,

Using the OCX (version 5.12.0.4) with IE7, the method DisplayFromURL doesn't work in many stations.
Checking the problem with HTTP Analizer, I see that the method request doesn't send any headers or session cookie.

Do you have any idea how to fix it?

Regards,

Sami

samis

Re: DisplayFromURL error

Post by samis » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:46 pm

Hi Loïc,

I'd like to receive an answer about this issue, even if you don't have an idea how to solve it.

It's urgent for me.

Regards,

Sami

Loïc
Site Admin

Post by Loïc » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:20 pm

Hi Sami,

I have no idea on what can be the cause. If you provide a code snippet that we can use, I will be able to trace the problem.
But without more information than "the method DisplayFromURL doesn't work in many stations." I can't do anything to help.

Kind regards,

Loïc

samis

Post by samis » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:57 pm

Hi,

The code is like this:

Code: Select all

port=80
MyGdViewer.LockControl = true;
MyGdViewer.DisplayFromURL(location.hostname, location.pathname + "?Action=DownloadTempFile&Nada=" + new Date().getTime(), port);    	    
MyGdViewer.LockControl = false;
The url result is like: "http://dev/myWebsite/Scan.aspx?Action=D ... 5478552114"

The request doesn't send any header or cookie. The response has 0 size.
If I put the same URL in a iframe, the download is perfect (the request is good, with headers and cookies).

The question is why the request of DisplayFromURL on IE7 is send without headers. :?:

If you don't have an answer (what is acceptable :!: ), what about a workaround? Can I download the PDF using XMLHTTP and load the body into GDViewer as string? Do you have any other idea?

Thanks,

Sami

Loïc
Site Admin

Post by Loïc » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:39 am

Hi,

What is the returned value of DisplayFromURL ?
The question is why the request of DisplayFromURL on IE7 is send without headers.
THe DisplayFromURL does not take care of the browser. It works in the exact same way from any web-browser or winform application.

Kind regards,

Loïc