HiRes WMF Fies

Discussions about document viewing.
DanH

HiRes WMF Fies

Post by DanH » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:31 pm

Hello,

I am a new user of GDPicture, and can't find the answer to this question online.

I have an exisitng application that uses WMF files that were exported from AutoCAD, typcally building floor plans, and it allows the user to zoom in. My first project incorporating GdViewer is to export the floor plans as PDF files.

The vector-based WMF files usually have relatively high resolution, such as 32589 x 15228. They look good in GdViwer at a given screen resolution, but when I zoom in while viewing a PDF, the image looks like a raster image. Is there a way for these WMF files to keep the Hi-Res information?

Another note: I had tested GDViewer with PDF files that were created directly from AutoCAD, and the resolution looks great when zooming in on those.

Regards,
DanH

Loïc
Site Admin

Re: HiRes WMF Fies

Post by Loïc » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:16 pm

Hi Dan,

Are you talking about GdPicture ActiveX or GdPicture.NET ?

I am asking that because in GdPicture.NET we introduced native vector image support to adjust the rendering resolution regarding the current zoom. And this forum section is for GdPicture.NET

If you have doubt you can attach your WMF file and I will make test to give you solution to keep high resolution rendering.

With best regards,

Loïc

DanH

Post by DanH » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:39 pm

Hello Loïc,

I am using the GDPicture ActiveX version. (Sorry to post to the wrong section.)

I'm looking forward to working with GDPicture.NET and native vector images in the future, but would like to upgrade capabilities of my old system now. My application also uses small, thumbnal size images, and those look great with GDPicture ActiveX.

The large image file is attached. The proerties of the file show as 32000 x 23241.

Best regards,
Dan

Loïc
Site Admin

Post by Loïc » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:49 am

Ok DAN I understand.

I moved this thread in GdViewer ActiveX forum.

For GdViewer.NET there is no problem. The vector based are kept.

For GdViewer ActiveX there is a work around (but consumes some memory): You can use the DisplayFromMetaFile() method using a scaling factor.

IE:

Code: Select all

DisplayFromMetaFile("metafile.wmf", 3)

Kind regards,

Loïc