OCRTesseractGetOrientation issue

Discussions about machine vision support in GdPicture.
Sashi

OCRTesseractGetOrientation issue

Post by Sashi » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:01 pm

Hello,

I'm downloaded the trial version of GDPicture.NET to processe images and I would like to rotate scanned images and crop them to reduce the images size.

I would like to use the OCRTesseractGetOrientation function, but it doesn't seems to work : here's my code :

Code: Select all

gdPI.OCRTesseractReinit();
            gdPI.OCRTesseractClear();
            gdPI.OCRTesseractSetPassCount(2);
            string sOCR = gdPI.OCRTesseractDoOCR(m_CurrentImage, GdPicture.TesseractDictionary.TesseractDictionaryFrench, @"C:\Program Files\GdPicture.NET\Redist\OCR\","abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ1234567890");

RotateFlipType Rotate = gdPI.OCRTesseractGetOrientation(m_CurrentImage, GdPicture.TesseractDictionary.TesseractDictionaryFrench, @"C:\Program Files\GdPicture.Net\Redist\");
            gdPI.Rotate(m_CurrentImage, Rotate);

I assume that using DoOCR isn't really usefull, but it doen't work anyway (with or without). When i debug, VC# says that Rotate's value is RotateNoneFlipNone, but the picture is effectively crooked. So what did I do wrong? (I used the same serial number for the Tesseract Plugin than for GdPicture. Is that a real problem?)

Thank you very much for your answers.

Loïc
Site Admin

Re: OCRTesseractGetOrientation issue

Post by Loïc » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:10 pm

Hi,

2 remarks.

1- the ocr dictionary path is C:\Program Files\GdPicture.NET\Redist\OCR\

2 - If the rotation of the page is 90 degree you have to rotate it to 270° to get the page in it's correct orientation.

And yes, the call to OCRTesseractDoOCR is not useful.

Kind regards,

Loïc