Error: Retrieving the COM class....80040154

Discussions about TWAIN & WIA scanning in GdPicture.NET using GdPictureImaging.
mp33487

Error: Retrieving the COM class....80040154

Post by mp33487 » Wed May 27, 2009 7:56 pm

I get the following error when I try to open the default twain source. I didn't get it when debuging in VB.NET and my scanner ran just fine. I only get it when I publish and install the applciation. The GDPicture.NET.dll is in the directory that was installed. I don't get any errors creating the viewer or imaging objects. Does the GdPicture.NET.twain.gdtwain.dll need to be in the installed directory as well? I thought this may have been a registration issue but if I copy the file over to the install dir and try to register it gives me an error trying to register the file. Any ideas? I need this running ASAP as I'm behind schedule. Thanks in advance.

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040154): Retrieving the COM class
factory for component with CLSID {11E7DA45-B56D-4078-89F6-D3D651EC4CD6} failed due
to the following error: 80040154

Loïc
Site Admin

Re: Error: Retrieving the COM class....80040154

Post by Loïc » Fri May 29, 2009 10:17 am

Hi,

what is the line of code which generate this error ?
What is your environment of development ?
What edition are you using ?
Does the GdPicture.NET.twain.gdtwain.dll need to be in the installed directory as well ?
Yes.

Kind regards,

Loïc

mp33487

Post by mp33487 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:00 pm

VS 2008 (vb). We the get error trying to scan when we install the app. It doesn't error in the dev enviroment. We also altered the app to compile for 32bit only and still get the error. Any ideas? We created a test app that only scans and for some reason that worked w/o error. We're pretty confused and are going to loose this customer.

Loïc
Site Admin

Post by Loïc » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:33 am

Hi,

Your problem come probably from an architectural issue of your main application.

unfortunately, we are not able to reproduce your problem. If you are able to reproduce it within a simple application we will have a look on it ASAP.

With best regards,

Loïc

thelinker

Post by thelinker » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:34 pm

Hello
I'm not going to open a new thread, because I have the EXACT SAME error.
ON win 7 32 /64 : no error, but on a brand new installed xp pro sp3 I get the same error.
It has nothing to do with main architectural of the app : it's just a simple form that is a copy of your " wia scan " project under visual studio 2010 made on C# .
the error of the previous guy is fine but incomplete : the full error is : error 80040154 Class not registered
************* Exception Text **************
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040154): Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {850D1D11-70F3-4BE5-9A11-77AA6B2BB201} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)).
at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
at gdpicture_᜙..ctor()
at GdPicture.GdPictureImaging.gdpicture_ᜁ()
at GdPicture.GdPictureImaging.WiaGetSourceCount()
at WindowsFormsApplication1.Form2.DisplayWIADevices() in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\my documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\WindowsFormsApplication55\WindowsFormsApplication55\Form2.cs:line 49
at WindowsFormsApplication1.Form2.Form2_Load(Object eventSender, EventArgs eventArgs) in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\my documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\WindowsFormsApplication55\WindowsFormsApplication55\Form2.cs:line 43
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

actually it says that this code :
private void Form2_Load(System.Object eventSender, System.EventArgs eventArgs)
{
GdPicture.LicenseManager oLicenceManager = new GdPicture.LicenseManager();
oLicenceManager.RegisterKEY("-mykey-");
DisplayWIADevices();
}
the class " licence manager" makes this error. Now when this error pops up I click " continue" and it works. My guess is that some package is missing on a brand new xp pro install, as it works on my xp dev box, and 7 64 dev box, and 7 32 user box.
any idea?
thank you.

Loïc
Site Admin

Post by Loïc » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:40 pm

Hello,

Your error have nothing to do with the previous one...

Have you redistributed and registered the wiaaut.dll library as explained in the reference guide ?

Kind regards,

Loïc