Setup and Deployment of the Tesseract OCR Engine

Discussions about machine vision support in GdPicture.
Dantevios

Setup and Deployment of the Tesseract OCR Engine

Post by Dantevios » Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:03 pm

I am having trouble deploying my project which utilizes the Tesseract OCR Engine /w the GDPicture Toolkit Light edition 4.0. My pictures will convert into PDFs, but the OCR is not being performed.

So far I include gdpicture4.ocx in my setup and deployment project for Visual Studio 2008 to be placed in the Application Output folder. I also have Interop.GdPicture4 included in the Application output folder. What DLLs do I need to include and what folders do I have to put them in on the target system for my project to be able to be deployed correctly? (gdocrplug.tesseract.dll?)

Thank you,
Dantevios

Loïc
Site Admin

Re: Setup and Deployment of the Tesseract OCR Engine

Post by Loïc » Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:12 pm

Hi,

Did you check the first page of the reference guide ? (Chapter 3)

Please, give me more detail, what exact problem are you encountering ? Error message ? Did you deployed to msvbvm60.dll & gdocrplug.tesseract.dll ?
Do you check the return value of the OCR methods ?

Fell free to give me any information!

Kind regards,

Loïc

Dantevios

Re: Setup and Deployment of the Tesseract OCR Engine

Post by Dantevios » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:28 pm

I didn't even know you had a reference guide. Thank you for pointing that out to me :D . That answers my questions exactly on page 1 lol. I was not including msvbvm60.dll or any of the other dlls it says to include in the guide. When I figured out how to use your code I just added what DLLs I found in your sample project and went from there.

Thank you lots,
Jon