Scanning Multiple Documents

Discussions about TWAIN & WIA scanning in GdPicture.NET using GdPictureImaging.
RTCaylor

Scanning Multiple Documents

Post by RTCaylor » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:21 pm

I am trying to develop an application that will scan a stack of paper and automatically divide them into separate PDF documents. To do so, I want to analyze each page as it is scanned and then determine whether or not it should be added to the current PDF document or to start a new one. I am using TwainPdfStartEx, TwainAddGdPictureImageToPdf, and TwainPdfStop to create the final PDF documents. I was trying to us SaveAsPDFEx to save each page to a temporay PDF file to be examined by another process that can examine the page to see what to do next. Unfortunately though, SaveAsPDFEx closes the image preventing me from adding it to the final document via TwainAddGdPictureImageToPdf. Is there any way to invoke SaveAsPDFEx without having it close the image?

Loïc
Site Admin

Re: Scanning Multiple Documents

Post by Loïc » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:35 pm

Hi,

The SaveAsPDFEx doesn't close any image. Your problem seems away.

If you provide a simple code snippet to reproduce your problem we will be able to help.

With best regards,

Loïc

RTCaylor

Re: Scanning Multiple Documents

Post by RTCaylor » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:22 pm

Thank you for the quick response. I found my problem. I was thrown off by the documentation for SaveAsPDFEx that at the bottom says "Category: Save and Close Image".

Thanks again,

Ron