Scanning in landscape

Discussions about TWAIN & WIA scanning in GdPicture.NET using GdPictureImaging.
mp33487

Scanning in landscape

Post by mp33487 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:40 am

I'm trying to find a way to set the paper size on a 9080C to scan in landscape (11 by 8.5). Can you tell me what will do this? Scanning the pages in portrait mode is not an option (paper issues). I'm looking for the paper size setting for the twain driver to accomplish this. I tried the autosize option but it physically doesn't scan the right and left edges of the portrait page as is passes through the scanner. I've used other APIs and have accomplished this and the scanner does support the large paper width so I know it can be done. Thanks!
MP

Loïc
Site Admin

Re: Scanning in landscape

Post by Loïc » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:00 pm

Hi,

Canon DR-9080 series does not support Twain AutoSize capability (ICAP_AUTOSIZE). The reason: ICAP_AUTOSIZE came with TWAIN2.0 specs and the driver of the 9080 has been built on top of the 1.8.

I think this capability can be managed by another non TWAIN compliant value using the TwainSetCapCurrentNumeric method. But unfortunately I don't know the value of this CAP. I think it is one of the following (but not sure) : 0x8100, 0x801D, 0x801E.

The other solution consists to use TwainSetPaperSize & TwainSetImageLayout method like this:

Code: Select all

oGdPictureImaging.TwainSetPaperSize(TwainPaperSize.NONE)
oGdPictureImaging.TwainSetImageLayout(0, 0, 29.7 / 2.54, 21 / 2.54)
Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Loïc