EMF images - All Black

Discussions about image processing and document imaging.
cappy

EMF images - All Black

Post by cappy » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:27 pm

Hi Loic,

I am having a problem with certain EMF images that will not display correctly. The image appears to load (GDstatus=0 and width and size appear to be correct), but only a black background is displayed. This problem occurs for certain images, both when using our code and when using your Global Sample app in VB6. They do display correctly in all other applications that I have tried (MS Word, WordPerfect, Windows Picture & Fax Viewer, Internet Explorer, etc.).

I have tried the CreateFromFile and CreateFromMetfile Imaging functions and the corresponding GDviewer DisplayFromFile and DisplayFromMetafile functions. Same all black image problem with all. The Imaging functions do return an ImageID and the GDviewer functions return a GDstatus of 0.

A copy of one of the images is attached, but there are many that have the problem. Can you please take a look at it. We are using the latest version of GDPicture Pro (2/24/2010) in VB6.

Thank you for creating such a useful and powerful tool.

Cappy
Attachments
Copy of tmpimage.zip
EMF Displays All Black
(370.56 KiB) Downloaded 273 times

Loïc
Site Admin

Re: EMF images - All Black

Post by Loïc » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:18 pm

Hi Cappy,

To render EMF file we use Windows API. I tested on XP computers and your file are not rendered correctly (fully transparent). On Win7 it works without any problem.
We have to investigate on this problem but I suspect your file to be a bit invalid or to use EMF version not supported by all OS. Unfortunately I can't provide quick fix for your problem :(

With best regards,

Loïc Carrère

cappy

Re: EMF images - All Black

Post by cappy » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:25 pm

Thank you for investigating Loic. I will await your results and try to create a work-around until then.

Cappy