Barcode Read Error

Discussions about barcode reading and writing
benoy

Barcode Read Error

Post by benoy » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:16 pm

Hello,

For some reason, when I create the JPG using GdPicture.net , barcode seems much smaller than the actual barcode on the page. Test.jpg is the one I created using your application and the other one is from Adobe Acrobat pro 9-> save as jpg.
9138875_Page_1.jpg
test.jpg
test.jpg (7.4 KiB) Viewed 4257 times

Also I am trying to read barcode from PDF files, on the first page. I open the PDF file in the viewer and save the first page as jpg file and open it in the viewer again and scan for barcode.

I believe this process is very slow and inefficient, I need to process 100K + PDFs, please let me know what is the best way to get this done

Can you send me some code samples, please.

Loïc
Site Admin

Re: Barcode Read Error

Post by Loïc » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:11 am

Hi,
For some reason, when I create the JPG using GdPicture.net , barcode seems much smaller than the actual barcode on the page

Maybe you should adjust output resolution ? If you want investigation from us you can send your file and the code you are using here: https://www.gdpicture.com/support/getting-support-from-our-team/index.php? ... rtmentid=4

Also I am trying to read barcode from PDF files, on the first page. I open the PDF file in the viewer and save the first page as jpg file and open it in the viewer again and scan for barcode.

I believe this process is very slow and inefficient, I need to process 100K + PDFs, please let me know what is the best way to get this done

Can you send me some code samples, please.
You re right, it is not the best option. Using our latest GdPicture.NET edition you can do that with very acceptable performances. I will post a code snippet into the code sample section...

Kind regards,

Loïc

Loïc
Site Admin

Re: Barcode Read Error

Post by Loïc » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:30 am

Hi again,

Please have a look here for sample: viewtopic.php?t=2510

Kind regards,

Loïc