Could Not Load file or assembly GDPicture.NET

General discussions about GdPicture.NET.
binxu617

Could Not Load file or assembly GDPicture.NET

Post by binxu617 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:15 pm

Hi,

I have completed my VB.NET application development by using GDPicture.NET.DLL. Now I need to test this application in Windows 2003 server. Here is the error message.

Code: Select all

************** Exception Text **************
System.InvalidOperationException: An error occurred creating the form. See Exception.InnerException for details.  The error is: Could not load file or assembly 'GdPicture.NET, Version=6.6.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3058ead3ae55af17' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'GdPicture.NET, Version=6.6.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3058ead3ae55af17' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'GdPicture.NET, Version=6.6.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3058ead3ae55af17'
   at QHCMRightFax.FaxImageViewer..ctor()

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at QHCMRightFax.My.MyProject.MyForms.Create__Instance__[T](T Instance)
   at QHCMRightFax.My.MyProject.MyForms.get_FaxImageViewer()
   at QHCMRightFax.RightFaxAllOpenFax.btnViewFax_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
But this error does not display in my local machine. I have installed this same version of GDPicture.Net in that server. Any idea about how to fix this issue?

Thank you,

BIN

Loïc
Site Admin

Re: Could Not Load file or assembly GDPicture.NET

Post by Loïc » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:51 am

Hi,

Here some hints:

- Ensure to have correctly deployed GdPicture.NET (see reference guide at the Redistributing GdPicture.NET Section.
- If your OS is 64 bit, ensure your application is targeted to X86 processor (GdPciture.NET is currently distributed under this configuration).
- Ensure yourself to have correctly deployed the GdPicture.NET version of you used in your application.

Hope this helps.

Loïc

binxu617

Post by binxu617 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:01 pm

Thank you, Loic.

I will work with our network server administrator and try it again according to your instruction. The question is should I install the complete GD Picture.Net on that server or not? Does it make difference? Please let me know.

Thank you very much.

Bin Xu

Loïc
Site Admin

Post by Loïc » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:03 pm

Hi,
I install the complete GD Picture.Net on that server or not?
Not ! Just copy the needed files in your application directory. it should work !

Kind regards,

Loïc

binxu617

Post by binxu617 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:54 pm

I just talked to our Server Administrator. We tried every step we could to reconfigure the server 2003 R2. We have checked the server and confirmed that this server OS is 32 bit system. So there should be no problem about the configuration. However, the same error still exists. I have installed this GdPicture Imaging SDK on this server. Should I do this or not? Also we tried to register the GDPicture.Net.DLL on this server but failed to do so.
Do you have any experience on this issue? BTW, I have made sure that the version I installed on the server is the same version I used to develop my VB application. Please let me know what I could do to make my application run on the server.

Thank you so much,

Bin Xu

Loïc
Site Admin

Post by Loïc » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:00 pm

Hi,

There is nothing to register. Redistribution is very very easy: a simple copy is enough.

Did you read the reference guide ? https://www.gdpicture.com/guides/gdpicture/v6/html/con ... e_NET.html

If your problem persist ensure yourself to redistribute the SAME dlls you used during your development. I suspect you to redistribute a different version of GdPicture.NET you used during your development.

Kind regards,

Loïc

binxu617

Post by binxu617 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:40 pm

Loic -

Thank you for your quick response. I thought I could use the different version of DLL. Hence I just copied the same DLL again from my local to the server application folder. Also I checked every file I needed with their version. However, the error still exists there. My application is very simple. I use your reference guide to copy all files into my application installed folder. Do I do something wrong here? It is very good product. But it seems very hard to implement in Citrix environment.

Thank you again for your great help.

Bin Xu

Loïc
Site Admin

Post by Loïc » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:51 pm

Hi,

Unfortunately I can't give you more help without more information.

I can suggest you to submit a ticket to our support department here: https://www.gdpicture.com/support/getting-support-from-our-team/index.php? ... &_a=submit
You should upload a zip including your executable & dll you are redistributing for investigation about version conflict. We already have dozen of applications working on Citrix without any problem.

Kind regards,

Loïc

binxu617

Post by binxu617 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:44 am

Hi, Loic

I finally got the solution. Which is very simple. I just created the whole debug files folder. Then I copy all files to the server. It works.

Thank you

Bin Xu