OCRTesseractGetOrientation Speed Problem

Discussions about image processing and document imaging.
Loïc
Site Admin

Re: OCRTesseractGetOrientation Speed Problem

Post by Loïc » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:17 pm

Hi Steven,

Unfortunately I have no suggestion. This functions is OCRrd technology based, and OCR is slow due to internal stuff (segmentation, pattern recognition, threshing, classification...).
We expect to release another function to determine the document orientation in less than 1 sec for a 300 dpi image in 2011.

Kind regards,

Loïc

Stingrae

Post by Stingrae » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:33 am

Hi Loic

I have downloaded the latest version (v8) of GdPicture, but I find I still get similar results as when using the previous version (outlined in my original post above).
Does this new version have any additional functionality to speed up the ORC orientation process? If so how do I enable/call it?

Basically all I want is to be able to determine the orientation of the image and rotate it to the "right way up" in the shortest possible time. The current 3 to 4 seconds will be too long for my purposes. I'm getting the image directly from a twain source and storing it in memory using the TwainAcquireToGdPictureImage method, then doing the OCRTesseractGetOrientation and rotating the image before saving the corrected image to disc.

Thanks

mcurtis

Post by mcurtis » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:00 am

Has there been any progress on getting the function for document orientation in less than 1 sec for a 300 dpi image supposedly for 2011? I really have a need for that functionality. I got my answer already that there is not a function for that yet.