ResolveAssemblyReference

General discussions about GdPicture.NET.
PQSIK

ResolveAssemblyReference

Post by PQSIK » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:39 am

Hi there
I downloaded the new version to test and I cant run any demo

error

Error 1 The "ResolveAssemblyReference" task failed unexpectedly.
System.Security.SecurityException: Requested registry access is not allowed.
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowSecurityException(ExceptionResource resource)
at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.OpenSubKey(String name, Boolean writable)
at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.OpenSubKey(String name)
at Microsoft.Build.Tasks.RegistryHelper.GetSubKeyNames(RegistryKey baseKey, String subkey)
at Microsoft.Build.Tasks.AssemblyFoldersEx.FindDirectories(RegistryKey baseKey, String registryKeyRoot, String targetRuntimeVersion, String registryKeySuffix, String osVersion, String platform, GetRegistrySubKeyNames getRegistrySubKeyNames, GetRegistrySubKeyDefaultValue getRegistrySubKeyDefaultValue)
at Microsoft.Build.Tasks.AssemblyFoldersEx..ctor(String registryKeyRoot, String targetRuntimeVersion, String registryKeySuffix, String osVersion, String platform, GetRegistrySubKeyNames getRegistrySubKeyNames, GetRegistrySubKeyDefaultValue getRegistrySubKeyDefaultValue)
at Microsoft.Build.Tasks.AssemblyFoldersExResolver.Resolve(AssemblyNameExtension assemblyName, String rawFileNameCandidate, Boolean isPrimaryProjectReference, Boolean wantSpecificVersion, String[] executableExtensions, String hintPath, String assemblyFolderKey, ArrayList assembliesConsideredAndRejected, String& foundPath, Boolean& userRequestedSpecificFile)
at Microsoft.Build.Tasks.AssemblyResolution.ResolveReference(IEnumerable`1 jaggedResolvers, AssemblyNameExtension assemblyName, String rawFileNameCandidate, Boolean isPrimaryProjectReference, Boolean wantSpecificVersion, String[] executableExtensions, String hintPath, String assemblyFolderKey, ArrayList assembliesConsideredAndRejected, String& resolvedSearchPath, Boolean& userRequestedSpecificFile)
at Microsoft.Build.Tasks.ReferenceTable.ResolveReference(AssemblyNameExtension assemblyName, String rawFileNameCandidate, Reference reference)
at Microsoft.Build.Tasks.ReferenceTable.ResolveAssemblyFilenames()
at Microsoft.Build.Tasks.ReferenceTable.ComputeClosure()
at Microsoft.Build.Tasks.ReferenceTable.ComputeClosure(DependentAssembly[] remappedAssembliesValue, ITaskItem[] referenceAssemblyFiles, ITaskItem[] referenceAssemblyNames, ArrayList exceptions)
at Microsoft.Build.Tasks.ResolveAssemblyReference.Execute(FileExists fileExists, DirectoryExists directoryExists, GetDirectories getDirectories, GetAssemblyName getAssemblyName, GetAssemblyMetadata getAssemblyMetadata, GetRegistrySubKeyNames getRegistrySubKeyNames, GetRegistrySubKeyDefaultValue getRegistrySubKeyDefaultValue, GetLastWriteTime getLastWriteTime)
at Microsoft.Build.Tasks.ResolveAssemblyReference.Execute()
at Microsoft.Build.BuildEngine.TaskEngine.ExecuteTask(ExecutionMode howToExecuteTask, Hashtable projectItemsAvailableToTask, BuildPropertyGroup projectPropertiesAvailableToTask, Boolean& taskClassWasFound)
The Zone of the assembly that failed was:
MyComputer Document Viewer

I think that type of error is a wrong reference,

the version is

path C:\Program Files\GdPicture.NET\Redist\32-bit\Framework 2.0\GdPicture.NET.dll

I have the demo key.

I'm i Missing something?

Thanks
pqsik

Loïc
Site Admin

Re: ResolveAssemblyReference

Post by Loïc » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:49 am

Hi,

Here what I can suggest:

- Uninstall your current version.
- Reinstall the latest available.

If the problem persists, ensure yourself that the demo you are trying to run correctly references the GdPicture.NET.dll from a valid location.

Kind regards,

Loïc

PQSIK

Post by PQSIK » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:51 pm

Thanks for your reply,

I have removed gdpicture and installed it again, but same error.

I started a new vb project .net 2.0 visual studio 2008 and added the reference to C:\Program Files\GdPicture.NET\Redist\32-bit\Framework 2.0\GdPicture.NET.dll

same error,

started a new project .net 3.5 added the reference to C:\Program Files\GdPicture.NET\Redist\32-bit\Framework 3.5\GdPicture.NET.dll

same error.

Started a new project in SharpDevelop same error

Not sure what to try now. I may try their support

Thanks

Loïc
Site Admin

Post by Loïc » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:55 pm

Hi,

We never heard about such problem before. I was able to find something on google: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums ... 6d65533ad0

Also, if you are using GdPicture.NET 32 bit version, you should target your main application to x86 CPU.

Kind regards,

Loïc

PQSIK

Post by PQSIK » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:58 pm

Thanks again for your reply,
I have done all that and same error.

I downloaded the installer to another computer and it worked, so there maybe something wrong with the framework

I may reinstall it.

Thanks

PQSIK

Post by PQSIK » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:16 pm

I added gdpicture to visual studio toolbox and tried to add the viewer to a form and got this

---------------------------
Microsoft Visual Studio
---------------------------
Failed to create component 'GdViewer'. The error message follows:

'System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.

at VSLangProj.References.Add(String bstrPath)

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.VSTypeResolutionService.PerformReferenceUpdate(List`1 newReferences)

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.VSTypeResolutionService.System.ComponentModel.Design.ITypeResolutionService.ReferenceAssembly(AssemblyName name)

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.AggregateTypeResolutionService.ReferenceAssembly(AssemblyName name)

at System.Drawing.Design.ToolboxItem.GetType(IDesignerHost host, AssemblyName assemblyName, String typeName, Boolean reference)

at System.Drawing.Design.ToolboxItem.CreateComponentsCore(IDesignerHost host)

at System.Drawing.Design.ToolboxItem.CreateComponentsCore(IDesignerHost host, IDictionary defaultValues)

at System.Drawing.Design.ToolboxItem.CreateComponents(IDesignerHost host, IDictionary defaultValues)

at System.Windows.Forms.Des...'

an help with that error?

Thanks

pqsik

PQSIK

Post by PQSIK » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:37 am

Thank for all the help,

I got everything work

with this - secedit /configure /cfg %windir%\repair\secsetup.inf /db secsetup.sdb /verbose

thing in my registry must have been messed up.

pqsik